***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Soldato
All the people having problems, is it due to installing none approved firmware/firmware to unlock the phone? Or is it just out of the box troubles?

Associate
Doing it this way makes it very difficult to get it working with other operators, even after unlocking. I wouldn't bother. I'd either wait til they are available unlocked from P4U/CPW (which shouldn't be long) or get one from online somewhere.

Had no problem getting mine unlocked and working fully with 3. Just needed to install Nokia Access point from the market place so you can setup your apn.

I say go for it.

Associate
Doing it this way makes it very difficult to get it working with other operators, even after unlocking. I wouldn't bother. I'd either wait til they are available unlocked from P4U/CPW (which shouldn't be long) or get one from online somewhere.

I unlocked the 920 I bought from a EE store using one of the third party unlock sites without any real issues. Currently been using on O2 for the last week. Cost me £35 to unlock it.

Soldato
Had no problem getting mine unlocked and working fully with 3. Just needed to install Nokia Access point from the market place so you can setup your apn.

I say go for it.

How did you manage to install it? As far as I was aware it wasn't possible.

EDIT: It's not just as simple as that though. You may find that being EE specific firmware that certain functions/settings have been removed/hidden due to EE not wanting them. At the end of the day it's his choice but I wouldn't.

Associate
How did you manage to install it? As far as I was aware it wasn't possible.

EDIT: It's not just as simple as that though. You may find that being EE specific firmware that certain functions/settings have been removed/hidden due to EE not wanting them. At the end of the day it's his choice but I wouldn't.

There is nothing missing on the phone that I can see, other than the access point app which is in the app store. Besides, I ran it on EE first and then just unlocked it, nothing has become hidden in between those two points. Most people are complaining of lack of features from the Expansys / Clove ones as far as I can tell...

I could be wrong though, but all I can say is I am happy with mine, no lockups no problems and it is Yellow :)

Details here

Last edited:
Soldato
Just installed and quickly gained level 5, but I can't figure out how to build a second base :(

You can only build a base when you are actually located in that area unlike attacking defending when you can be a bit further away.

I have 4 bases, and about 16 areas, I'm purple and have an unspoken alliance with green, we both attack red but not each other, I have tried to contact him though.

Anyone else find it absolutely destroys their battery? Phone gets real hot too.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Think it's worth flashing or does this mean we are only a few days off an official release? I've noticed when I go to check for updates I get the error that it cannot check at this time.

It's completely up to you. I believe EE will probably have the last say when it can go live, id give them a ring to ask them. As they need to approve the firmware before its released, well that's how it was in the past.

Soldato
I will, Im going to try Nokia UK support first and then Germany as a last resort..

Got a courier turning up tomorrow to take it to a Nokia care centre :mad: I have a horrible feeling all they will do is spend 10 days putting a new firmware on, and then 2 days later it will lock up and I will be back to square 1 - I cant tell them that is what I have done as it will invalidate the warranty ;)

Not sure this will be as appealing but the 920 successor should have aluminium body and be thinner and lighter.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/3/3831420/nokia-catwalk-future-windows-phone-aluminum-body

Nice, and Im tempted, but the thinner part worries me that it will be a camera downgrade as Im sure I saw an article showing that the thickness was down to the size of the floating lens module. Id want any 920 successor to have a better camera than the one we have now..

Soldato
You can only build a base when you are actually located in that area unlike attacking defending when you can be a bit further away.

I have 4 bases, and about 16 areas, I'm purple and have an unspoken alliance with green, we both attack red but not each other, I have tried to contact him though.

Anyone else find it absolutely destroys their battery? Phone gets real hot too.

OK. Thought it might be that. A bit limiting to those who don't get about much then. I've taken 19 zones but can't do anything else right now till i get home and from where I am (France).

I found it killed my battery earlier too.

Back
Top Bottom