Royal Fail, fake delivery!!!!! :mad:

bru

bru

Soldato
Our postie was telling me that he just got a second job delivering for the local Chinese takeaway. So god help me next time I order dinner and "halfhourfortyfiveminutes" latter a card is poked through the door telling me I have to go collect my dinner that I just payed extra to have delivered.:D

Associate
Had pretty much the same thing happen in the past. I heard the letterbox go whilst I was in the hall, spotted the card on the floor and opened the door just in time to see him leaving the drive. I called him over and asked why he didn't knock and can I have my parcel. His response was sorry "mate I don't have it on me its up the depot. You'll have to collect it". After further questioning he claimed it was standard practice if they don't have room to carry it. Surprisingly when I got to the depot they denied all knowledge of this practice. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Lol, seen this story before now, it's happened to me, well with a twist. I was waiting for something coming from Ocuk via these useless ****'* complete with tracking details, and the day came and patiently i waited, postmoron arrived, and nothing. mhmm strange, the item was coming special delivery So it should have been here, wait a few more hours and the tracking updates online as being delivered, alarm bells start going off, no signature provided, nothing in my hands at my address so i rang them up and gave some hell, apparently the moron marked it as being delivered before even leaving the sorting office, something which according to the person on the phone isn't technically allowed, I did get my item the following day, but, It shouldn't have been that way tbh, Royal mail should be sacked, banned, or heavily fined for the sheer amount of times this crap crops up, It's just not acceptable, and with prices going up, the service should be better! not worse!

Soldato
It may be a stretch but maybe he didn't want to be ringing bells at 6:30 in the morning and getting an earful from the people he just woke up and dragged out of bed. Not saying he's right in doing so but I can understand where he's coming from if that's the case. Normally only letters/small packets get delivered early in the morning around here as you can just slip them through the letter box and not disturb anyone. Parcels etc usually come later in the day.

Soldato
I thought royal mail lost the majority of their business to couriers a couple of years ago in the spirit of breaking a monopoly - and are consequently in the **** financially? If anything I expect the service to get steadily worse until the group are scrapped.

Soldato
This happened to me all the time where I used to live. The postman couldn't carry all the parcels around with him so he wrote all the cards out at the depot and posted them.

Didn't really bother me as the depot was only a couple of minutes drive away.

Soldato
I've caught my postman a few times posting one of these cards, I've then opened the door and asked him, only for him to open his bag and hand me the parcel.

The mind boggles.

Man of Honour
This is such a massive issue for the carriers and postal providers, I'd pursue it and share the CCTV with the appropriate person as someone needs his arse kicked.

Soldato
I thought royal mail lost the majority of their business to couriers a couple of years ago in the spirit of breaking a monopoly - and are consequently in the **** financially? If anything I expect the service to get steadily worse until the group are scrapped.

They don't turn over huge profits but they made quite a bit last year. The problem they have is the competitors are not tied to the same rules as Royal Mail. They can afford to undercut Royal Mail and then pass their stuff onto RM to get it delivered. The amount of stuff I deliver that has DHL/TNT or something stamped on it, why on earth RM have to deliver it is crazy.

The new postal thing they are trying where other couriers can deliver mail is trialled in London and they have picked the areas with the most profit. Royal Mail HAVE to deliver or attempt to deliver to every house hold where as others can pick and chose, this makes a massive difference when you are sending letters for pennies.

Caporegime
It shocked me paying a tad under 30 quid today for tracked and guranteed 48 hour delivery only to find out the item might not arrive til Monday.

Seems to be the more you pay for a "guaranteed" service the more likely you won't get it when they guarantee.

Caporegime
this is why I always get things delivered to the office - no valid excuse can be given by the courier for non delivery when the building is open with a security guard present 24/7

Soldato
OP
Still struggling to get the file off the player, i can record it using my camera on my phone but the quality will be awful.

Back
Top Bottom