Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - Fps/hand to hand combat sim ( INDIE )

Soldato
Got this in the sale, blummin' heck it's a damn good game. Combat can get absolutely frantic at times, I've never known adrenaline rushes like those I get when desperately duelling someone, trying to get past all their blocks while also stopping my head being lopped off. Still no good in situations where I get outnumbered, but then again, I'll bet a lot of people aren't either.

EDIT: Really need to get into the habit of aiming blocks towards the business end of your enemies weapon though, rather than just face your enemy and blocking.

EDIT2: I tend to play as the Vanguard class, longarms can be absolutely brutal. Anyone wants to play with me, Steam profile link is in my sig.

Last edited:
Associate
CTF should be good, the game is great fun in short stints, but is a bit shallow. Needs more complex combat mechanics to keep it interesting imo. + more body dismemberment locations couldn't hurt!

Soldato
I added you to steam (Mr Knifey) so maybe we could meet up for a few games?! I enjoy it a lot, the bugs are annoying but don't bother me. The only really bad gripe is the server browser.. Needs fixing FAST

Soldato
Bought this, love it! Only played abit last night. It's very challenging. I've only been using 2handed sword and have unlocked the second one.

Associate
Well I bought this for £7.75 yesterday and its quite fun but does feel very simple.

Once I see WotR for under a tenner ill get that too. :)

At first I thought the same thing. I thought this is just like playing a cs knife round! Then I go into it a bit more and watched some videos on advanced tactics and realised how much more indepth the game play mechanics are.

This is probably one of the best videos I have watched - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llnRxtazljg&list=UUMnp3NA5Xfysq2LWY9jtgpA&index=13

Soldato
Is there some sort of slow-mo bug?

Started the game today and my movement and attacks are INCREDIBLY slow.
Constantly being out-run and attacked far quicker by everyone else.

Cant find any fix. :-/

Vuvuzela - You rock.

Soldato
Turns out it is a rare bug. Found a few people whom suffered the same.

Deleted the directory in 'my games' and rebooted, speed is now back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom