what to do with 3x 1Tb drives

Soldato
Hi All,

I have 3 SATA 1Tb drives, ranging in age from 2007 to 2009.

I am pretty sure that a single 3Tb drive bought today would be far more reliable and much easier to deal with.

I don't have a desktop machine, just a laptop now (macbook pro) and currently I have these sat loose and I have a desktop dock that I use when I want/need to access anything from them.

Is there anything that would make accessing these easier, or is the recommendation just to buy a decent external drive?
I've been looking at the WD Mybook studios as they have FW800, but they cost around £180.

Is there going to be an easy and relatively cheap way of giving me permanent access to all 3 drives I currently have?

Cheers

Sinc.

Caporegime
you dont lose all your data with 3 seperate drives vs one single 3tb drive should things go wrong

i would keep/use them if they are working fine,but its up to you

can only think of an external dock,you might get one that accepts 2 or 3 drives at a time? idk

Soldato
OP
any good ones for under £100 that will take 3 drives?
I can buy a 3Tb drive for about that, and then my current dock would suffice.

Wazza, just bought another dock - can get dual drive ones for £15 in the same style as the one I currently have. It's not pretty but it's the cheapest way of getting access to all 3 at the same time.

IcyBox do single and dual ones that are FW800 too, but they're rather pricey so that was out of the question.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom