Hotels, Edinburgh

Soldato
Looking for a bit of a luxury weekend break for my GFs birthday. I was originally looking at Loch Lomond but all the decent places are fully booked or require a two night minimum stay.. All others unfortunately stick to the quirky Scottish decor which I'm afraid is a no go!

So, it looks like it'll have to be Edinburgh. Nicer hotels we've been to would be the Glasshouse and George Hotel so I'm thinking next stop might be somewhere along the lines of Hotel Du Vin? We've been to the one in Glasgow which was lovely(if you can forget the snobbish attitudes of the other guests).

Any other suggestions would be great? :) Looking to spoil her for the weekend.

Associate
When are you looking to go? Bare in mind that tourist season is getting busier and the Edinburgh festival will have a significant impact on prices.

Can't say I have ever stayed in any of the really posh hotels on Edinburgh but I have always liked the location and general atmosphere of Malmaison down at The Shore.

/Salsa

Associate
The Malmaison down at the Shore is supposed to be nice, and it has some really nice restaurants and bars around it as well.

If you want to stay more central you could look at something like the Tiger Lily boutique hotel on George Street. It has a fancy bar down stairs as well and is right in the centre and close to all the shops, upmarket bars etc..

Associate
The Missoni is worth a look. I would have recommended Cameron House on Loch Lomond but if its one of the fully booked ones then its a non starter, i have stayed there for a night, didnt require a two night minimum

Associate
Looking for a bit of a luxury weekend break for my GFs birthday. I was originally looking at Loch Lomond but all the decent places are fully booked or require a two night minimum stay.. All others unfortunately stick to the quirky Scottish decor which I'm afraid is a no go!

So, it looks like it'll have to be Edinburgh. Nicer hotels we've been to would be the Glasshouse and George Hotel so I'm thinking next stop might be somewhere along the lines of Hotel Du Vin? We've been to the one in Glasgow which was lovely(if you can forget the snobbish attitudes of the other guests).

Any other suggestions would be great? :) Looking to spoil her for the weekend.

Never been in any of the rooms in Hotel Du Vin but I've been in the restaurant bit and it was lovely. Excellent food.

Point Hotel on Bread Street might be worth a look too.

EDIT - Didn't notice this was a spam bump from 6 months ago.

Back
Top Bottom