Mrs just left me..

3 Years in and the best she can do is a 4 page letter saying sorry!?

I mean.. Not even the decency to repay me basically funding her through Uni via a face to face chat!

But, on the upside.. she just need some "space".. brilliant, yeah, that clears it up for me doesn't it. At-least I know where I stand.

I never thought Id be one for a GD love story.. but, I need some advice here.

Bottom line, she says she needs space to think and appreciate everything I do blah blah because she doesn't feel like she loves me anymore..

Do I sit back and wait, or do I chase her? Discuss.

-----------UPDATE BELOW AS OF POST #345... Spoilers! :)-----------

Get the Popcorn..

Well, 10 months later since I posted this and some of you may be interested in the results....

Lets get it out the way first - You were right

Yes we have broken up.

The past 10 months have seen some great moments and some really dark ones with the relationship. But, I have had the constant feeling that I could walk in from work any day and wouldn't be all that surprised to see another letter awaiting.

As it turns out, there was no letter this time, instead she just said it outright that she wasn't happy and things weren't working. This was three weeks ago and since then we've bounced back a forth between whether to give it one last shot or not - And after having 2 weeks apart and then a week together we both last night agreed the relationship is done. I am obviously upset about it all, but I have kind of known it was coming for a while!

Unfortunately, I'm not in a financial position to keep our rented flat on my own so I'm going to moving back in with the mum :)() probably for quite a few months till I can get myself back in a position to start again. Sucks because the time its going to take to do that means the cost of storage for things like furniture will be just as much as buying new stuff further down the line.. thats a kick in the teeth.

I do feel like I'm having my base and independence ripped out from under me (which i dont blame on her its just the way it is) but it will give me time to almost press the reset button as such.

Urhgg - Just a rubbish situation!

A question a friend asked me today: "In Hindsight, if you knew it was going to end this way, would you have bothered back in January, and spent this much time trying?"

Yes and no. We've had some really good memories together this year, from my sisters wedding, to trips to Greece and Barcelona and lots in between. But as I'm aware life is short and it could all be viewed as wasted time. I'm not sure yet, maybe I'll give a definitive answer to this later down the line..

Also to answer past comments and future questions:
1. No, She wasn't having her pasty smashed elsewhere.
2. She hasn't stitched me entirely for money as she has offered to pay half my (our) debt (not cheap) which shes not legally bound to do.

-----------UPDATE BELOW AS OF POST #469... Spoilers! :)-----------

Dear Diary..

As this thread has had a lot of interest in the past, why not another update?

6 months on since last update (Post 345) and I was finishing with the ex, moving into my mums, and pushing the reset button on life!

I started going out and meeting other girls again pretty soon on around end of December but a lot was definitely just making up for the lack of company and found it pretty tough sitting in my mums back room with headphones on watching tv past 10 o clock cos she'd gone to bed! ha!

However, in January, after funneling my extra cash from the flat each month into a 300bhp car.. I met up with an old friend and started seeing her more and more.. she knew my situation and I wasnt planning on 'rushing' into anything. But come March I realised I was on the verge of losing something great because I wasn't fully letting go of the past, so made it 'official' with her and things are going great!

As for the Ex.. She transferred a few hundred in Jan, couple more in Feb, a single in March and then didn't have the money in April. We were still civil up to this point when I text her saying I haven't received anything from you this month. To which her reply was 'I think i've transfered you enough now'. On my reply I explained I understood and said I'd let the bank know I also think i've paid them enough now, despite of how much I owe, I'm sure they'll be fine with it. She didn't appreciate the sarcasm of course, so I asked if she was planning on giving things like the camera lens back that she was 'buying' off me (which I now know was a stupid decision I made in the last days of that relationship), Of course, she also disagrees with that and after a short argument, I've now just cut my loses and all ties to her. About £2000 short from her, shes repaid about £700 in total.. which Is still undoubtedly more than what a lot of people would have bet on! But hey ho, live and learn, and she is now gone! :)

To end on a high, me and my new girlfriend are leaving for a little 2 week road trip on Saturday around Europe (France, Monaco, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany) which should be wicked and hoping to pick up a new job shortly after that, so at the moment, everything's looking up! :)

Who knows, maybe someone enjoyed an update :)

Last edited:
[FnG]magnolia;23534990 said:
Do you still love her?

Do you have kids?

e : are you legally married or are you talking about a girlfriend? Also, how old are you?

Deep down below the hate I have for what she's just done.. Yes. Don't get me wrong we've had our ups and downs this year, but I believe we could have worked through it.

No.

I'm 22. she's 20. Not married. But we do live together and have for 2 years.

Last edited:
Soldato

I mean.. Not even the decency to repay me basically funding her through Uni via a face to face chat!

But, on the upside.. she just need some "space".. brilliant, yeah, that clears it up for me doesn't it. At-least I know where I stand.

Bottom line, she says she needs space to think and appreciate everything I do blah blah because she doesn't feel like she loves me anymore..

Your are 22, tomorrow is friday, have sex.

Soldato
Best thing you can do, whether you want her back or not, is to get on with your life as best you can. Don't be a complete douche and act like you don't care, but show her you can get on with your life even without her. This will be the most attractive thing you can do. The more needy and emotional you act towards her, the more you'll drive her away. She hasn't fallen out of love with you as much as just she doesn't find you attractive any more. You need to show her what she's missing, not act like a desperate fool.

Soldato
Mope around a bit, then get over it, then move on and be happier.
Do not chase, it'll just alienate her.
If she comes running back after a bit consider your options, but usually a separation is a planned event and rather final.

aln

aln

Associate

Use the time in between her "needing space" and realising she has to pay for everything now to partake in smashing exotic pasty. Seriously, either shes the problem and you can do better, or you're the problem and you need someone better to do better. ;)

Back
Top Bottom