BenQ XL2411T 24-Inch Full HD Gaming Monitor

Associate
come on guys! tell us what settings you are using so we can compare
thanx....cant wait for tomorrow then il be owning on cs go :p (not that i dont own anyay :p:p:p:p)

Associate
got my monitor today :
but i cant get the colors right on it. i have fps 1 selected
brightness 40
contrast 35
sharpness 7
black eq 0
ama premium
instant mode on
it just looks washed out whatever i do ? i cant seem to get more color if you know what i mean

Associate
Mine is arriving tomorrow! just checking with you guys, any problems with 144hz? e.g does it default to it or any setting changes needed?

Soldato
144Hz is the default setting. You shouldn't have any major issues with it, although some users do notice some flickering at the far left edge specific to 144Hz (a voltage control thing).

Associate
The monitor is ultra smooth for gaming, but colours do feel a bit washed out.

Currently using Standard Mode similar settings to the review PCM did
Brightness 70
Contrast 50
Sharpness 5
Gamma 5
Colour Temp User 100 100 100

Is there any benefit to playing FPS games in FPS modes, as far as I can see it's only the Black Equalizer that is customisable in this mode?

What are you others running it at?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just left mine on PCM2's settings, I have got a calibrator somewhere but I think it's always going to look fairly horrible sat next to the Hazro.
For the money I think this is a great piece of kit, Doom BFG is buttery smooth using the 120hz in game option and the 3D is excellent too, noticeably better than my old Asus 23" 3d Vision 1 monitor.
I'm struggling a bit with some of the dual monitor eccentricities, most of that is my noobishness as i've always had a single one previously.

Associate
This monitor is amazing (zero motion blur) when you force-enable LightBoost in 2D mode. The LightBoost is a strobe backlight (1ms flashes on the XL2411T). The strobe backlight reduces motion blur by an additional ~80% relative to 144Hz (with LightBoost disabled) and looks just like a CRT, even though it flickers somewhat just like a CRT, but you have perfectly sharp motion even during fast movement in games like TF2 or Quake Live, etc.

Some measurements recently showed that XL2411T+LightBoost strobe backlight has 94% less motion blur than a 60Hz LCD (non strobe backlight), and 85% less motion blur than a 120Hz LCD (non strobe backlight).

Google "LightBoost zero motion blur" for more information. It works on the BENQ XL2411T, though you do need to install the Asus VG278H INF file as well as the EnableLightBoostWithoutGlasses registry tweak. It is stubborn about not enabling the LightBoost strobe backlight in 2D mode, until you do these two tweaks.
The TechNGaming instructions are the most useful, though it is missing the INF-installation instructions.

Associate
got my monitor today :
but i cant get the colors right on it. i have fps 1 selected
brightness 40
contrast 35
sharpness 7
black eq 0
ama premium
instant mode on
it just looks washed out whatever i do ? i cant seem to get more color if you know what i mean

Just got this monitor from OC yesterday and it was far too bright even after turning the brightness to 0 with RGB values around 95-99 but then the colours were washed out. I then remembered that I could dial down the RGB values to reduce the brightness further but bring the brightness value up which resolved the torch in my face effect while restoring the colours but it still wasn't quite right. I have now got it perfectly calibrated using an eye-one calibrator. Here are my monitor settings but I assume you'd need the icm file to get the right effect - which I'm happy to share if anyone wants it.

Brightness 38
Contrast 99
Sharpness 5
Gamma 5
Colour Temp User 28 21 24
Black Eq 1

Soldato
My settings (if i remember correctly, will double check when i'm home):

Picture Mode= Standard
Brightness= 32
Contrast= 50
Gamma= Gamma 5
Color Temperature= User
Red= 100
Green= 98
Blue= 92

Though please note that monitors can vary. For instance, standard mine shines blue like no other monitor i've used.

Last edited:
Associate
When i got my monitor i noticed viewing photos wasnt the best, it was changing the shadows to a green colour, but i installed a custom icm and fixed the issue i was having, i'll post it here for you guys to test when i find it again.

Back
Top Bottom