***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Caporegime
We at i2 are getting shipments on the regular. I believed we are getting priority.
Unless you are selling them at £290, no-one here is interested :)

Speaking of which, anyone got any updates on Play store shipments? Has everyone who ordered on the 5th had delivery? Has anyone from the 6th had any update (or indeed delivery)?

rp2000

Caporegime
Not according to or lg rep. Who says stores will have priority on stock. In his words the geeks are not worth the profit
Agreed ;). Wonder which amateur at Google didnt ensure they got their POs in at LG to make sure they had stock flowing in to cover demand. LG must be annoyed they are having to sell them at higher cost to other retailers :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
Sorry we don't. But i can give anyone who comes to o2 Wembley a 10% discount .

I was just joking around, but that is incredibly decent of you!!! I am actually not too far from Wembley (2 stops away on Met line), if you had offered me this the week before xmas, I would have been tempted.

As it is, I have resigned myself to waiting for the Google Play order, UNLESS you can swing a 20% discount :) In which case I will be at your shop tomorrow morning :D

rp2000

Soldato
For the second time since I have n4, it didn't charge fully over night...it was on charge for around 5-6 hours and charged only 50-60%....and battery usage shoes that it stopped charging around 1 hour before I switched it off...not sure what to think about it....

Associate
Unless you are selling them at £290, no-one here is interested :)

Speaking of which, anyone got any updates on Play store shipments? Has everyone who ordered on the 5th had delivery? Has anyone from the 6th had any update (or indeed delivery)?

rp2000

I've been lurking some time. I ordered on the 5th at 19:35 UTC, My Google Play store updated the date on the 2nd January and that's it. No further changes and no phone.
I've been primarily reading the UK Thread on XDA Developers and there's still a number of people waiting from the 4th, 5th, 6th and later.

Carl

Associate
If any one was annoyed at how much screen space was taken up by the nav bar I have been hunting around for a solution and found one. I rooted and installed a ROM with an expandable desktop option. It basically hides the status bar and the nav bar then lets everything use the extra space.

Thats fine but to then navigate back as normal you have to press the power button again and disable the expanded desktop. Pain.

In order to flick back to home screen and things you can install something called LMT LAUNCHER (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1330150) which lets you set up swipe commands to do anything you want and also has a pie chart option where you hold your finger on the side of any screen and a navigation option of back home recent apps settings etc appears...so with this set up you can just use the phone constantly in expanded desktop mode or if you want the status bar back just use a launcher that lets you "toggle navigation". Its really good using the screen to its full size ..just thought id share that ....the rom im using is XYLON (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2046968) but quite a lot have expanded screen option , I know Paranoid Android does also....

Soldato
Seems there is a rev 2 of the Poetic bumper in productuion which is suppose to fix the seperating issue.

Thats enough for me to take the plunge on one.

Caporegime
I've been lurking some time. I ordered on the 5th at 19:35 UTC, My Google Play store updated the date on the 2nd January and that's it. No further changes and no phone.
I've been primarily reading the UK Thread on XDA Developers and there's still a number of people waiting from the 4th, 5th, 6th and later.

Carl

Cheers. Some people here (including me) had theirs change to 2nd Jan about a week ago. Thought it was a good sign but been quiet since then :(

Anyway, cheers for the info, welcome to OcUK and lurk less, post more :)

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom