Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

Soldato
Cheers mate - just picked up a great Amp shield but need a something that gives me Corrosion immunity so I can go back and do the Crystalisk mission. Hopefully The Leveller shotgun I get from the Hodunks will help too!

Soldato
So many golden keys, made the mistake of getting about 20 and now have stupidly amazing weapons. I've shoved them in storage as they're too good and kind of break the game.
No more for me lol.

Suspended
CTCBJ-CK6KW-SCF33-TJJJT-WB3CB

Another key for you folks. Not sure how many keys this gives as I haven't even used it myself yet. Was sent out by @DuvalMagic on Twitter.

And for the console "gamers"

PS3: 53KBB-SKC53-WWC53-Z353J-CKFRZ
360: CBWBJ-CSC9W-9HXJX-WFB33-WB9SX

Man of Honour
Borderlands22012-12-2118-21-30-64_zps830a80c0.jpg

This is my new favourite gun :cool:. Bought from the Torgue vending machine after doing the bar brawl a few times. Awesome for getting second winds and very close combat.

Hope It'll scale with the level so I can buy it again at a higher level once the cap is raised...

Unkempt Harold was my favourite weapon too after I found it, although mine is only level 25 and a different variant (not double penetrating but doesn't consume 6 ammo per shot). I don't think the stats do it justice because mine says it only does about 550 damage but it actually fires 7 shots which with the bonus explosive damage means a typical damage figure of around 10 times that. It also fires very fast especially when my shields are down so as you say in second wind as long as an enemy is reasonably close you can always survive.

I actually think in some ways it was moderately game breaking in my game because you can carry so much pistol ammo and it was always my most powerful gun regardless of enemy weaknesses (e.g. more so against robots than my corrosive guns except at long range). I finished the first playthrough at level 32 and it is still my best gun despite being 7 levels below.

As a general point it wasn't until I was more than halfway through the game that I felt like I was getting a really powerful weapon i.e. one that could dispatch enemies of my level in under a second other than perhaps sniper headshots. I had a few OK-ish guns in the first 20 levels or so but normally they'd either have some flaw like slow reload, useless at mid-long range etc, or would quickly become ineffective after levelling up a couple of times. I guess it is partly luck of the draw but in Borderlands I know it didn't take long to get some quality guns (rapid fire sniper with elemental damage and decent mag size - took me until the 20s to get that in BL2)

Man of Honour
Just completed this, thoughts below:

+Good game length, Steam clocked me at 42hrs for a single playthough but I think it might be counting time paused in that
+Solid performance 75fps+
+Refreshing from a technical perspective i.e. able to cap framerate, set FOV etc from the menu
+NPC characterisation feels a bit stronger than BL, Handsome Jack is excellent
+Storyline generally OK for a game of this type
+Great range of weapons and combat is generally satisfying (essential in a game of this type)

-Other than the game length it feels more like an expansion pack for BL than a new game, essentially it looks the same and plays the same. "More of the same" is sometimes a good thing but I was hoping for a bit more innovation.
-Looting should be streamlined a bit more i.e. always loot minor items when opening containers, I'd also like to set a value threshold to mark all major items below a certain value so I know not to even both going to look at them. The game length is artificially long because of all the mundane stuff you have to do (looting, prioritising, selling).
-Graphics are mediocre by modern standards
-Missions don't seem very well staggered i.e. in the early game it felt like there weren't enough side missions then all of a sudden 6 would become available at once
-Occasionally buggy e.g. Claptrap got stuck at the top of the elevator in one of the early missions

Not a good or bad thing but I didn't really use my action skill much, I was playing as a berzerker and probably used gunzerk maybe once per level on average. Was easy to forget about it and I often struggled with the weapon combinations i.e. working out which button I could hold and which I had to tap.

The game obviously has a bit of replay value in terms of newgame+, coop, DLC or trying different characters but for me I'm kinda bored-erlands out now. In the original I loved it so much I went and bought some DLC but I don't really have the motiviation to do that with BL2. Fair play to them you get a lot of game for your money so I can move on to something else happy with my purchase.

Soldato
I am loving the dlc. I think you should wait till its cheap in a sale and grab it as by then you might be ready to play it again. The two I have played so far have been great and the third is supposed to be even better.

I do wish they had made them a bit longer and spaced them out a bit more as there are now even rumours of a second season pass! :eek:. Not sure thats such a great idea as people are going to get bored of it and then a BL3 might not be as well received, especially if its 'more of the same' again.

Also know what you mean about that gun being a bit overpowered :D. If you combine it with the Bee shield it is even more so. But don't worry, it'll probably be nerfed :rolleyes:. I only really use it for farming that bar brawl in the DLC to get Torgue tokens and for second winds.

Can't type for toffee
Don
Just finished my first play thru and immediatley my mates started the next play thru....

Completely forgot was gonna farm the Warrior :(

Anyone got a Bee/Conference call for ~lvl 30-35?

Also this event thing about shotguns... Is it a specific area?
We've not lotted anythign special int eh last few days.

Soldato
I'm a bit annoyed they're not raising the level cap with this 3rd DLC. It's going to be a bit pointless soon as most people will have completed the 3rd DLC and then it leaves just 1 more DLC to go. I'd have thought they would have raised it sooner to keep people playing.

Suspended
Tried it but it says that the code has already been redeemed, might work for someone else though.
Thanks all the same.

It expired around 6am unfortunately. It was only available for 12 hours and had been 10 hours when I posted it. It was only 1 key anyway.

Also this event thing about shotguns... Is it a specific area?
We've not lotted anythign special int eh last few days.

Shotgun event has been and gone. It's now grenades. The drop rates are increased globally, not in one select area and includes all rarities.

Last edited:
Can't type for toffee
Don
It expired around 6am unfortunately. It was only available for 12 hours and had been 10 hours when I posted it. It was only 1 key anyway.

Shotgun event has been and gone. It's now grenades. The drop rates are increased globally, not in one select area and includes all rarities.

Yup I know it ended just before 5pm I think.
We didn't see anythign special drop shotgun wise :(

Soldato
Yeah it just seems that they're improving the quality/rarity of certain item types for a short time across the entire game. Nothing particularly amazing. I think I'm gonna wait on the patch to increase the level cap before I come back anyway.

Back
Top Bottom