*** The 2013 Gym Rats Thread ***

Man of Honour
Just use a hook grip. :)

Only time I use straps is for snatch work and big, nasty deadlift reps after a session of cleans.

However, now routine has changed, I will probably be using them a lot more. :D :( :cool:

Soldato
I must admit footwear is something I've neglected over the years. I currently deadlift and do RDL's barefoot but I front squat in my Asics Kayano's :o

I'm not interested in the flat foot Converse, I know the advantages but as an all rounder they're poor.

Vibram Five Fingers are an option but I'm not that keen.

I want more of an all rounder, what do most of you use?

Anyone tried the New Balance MT10? Or Nike Free?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Been talking to Syla5 and it turns out I may have been making life a little harder on deadlifts. The 20kg plates which I use are 16.5" and Olympic plates are 17.71". Pure gym which I've joined the 25kg plates are 17" so I'll be using these from now on. That .5" unlock the gains!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Main reason is I can't find a store that sells them to try them on. I'm not willing to just chance that I can order a perfect fit online. I think they're pricey for what they actually are, they don't look like they will last very long?

Ice and dom (ab)use them, so maybe they can comment.

Man of Honour
Preparation stage complete!

Tomorrow... I feast!!!
Huzzah!

Well done btw, I know how hard that would have been for you :D

Edit:

RE Vibrams...

They last ages. I've had mine 2 years and they only have the wear they do because a washing machine went crazy and basically boiled them.

Pro Vibram care tip #1: Don't boil your Vibrams.

Last edited:
Associate
Main reason is I can't find a store that sells them to try them on. I'm not willing to just chance that I can order a perfect fit online. I think they're pricey for what they actually are, they don't look like they will last very long?

I defiantly recommend trying them first before buying.

They say go a size smaller, which in case for my brother, was fine, he could even go half a size smaller to be perfect.

For me though I'm size 11 in general and bought size 11 and they fit
Perfect!

Soldato
RE Vibrams...

They last ages. I've had mine 2 years and they only have the wear they do because a washing machine went crazy and basically boiled them.

Pro Vibram care tip #1: Don't boil your Vibrams.
So I can't drink my coffee out of them in a morning? So they're even less useful than I first feared? :) Ok the wear 'n' tear is more reassuring though
I defiantly recommend trying them first before buying.

They say go a size smaller, which in case for my brother, was fine, he could even go half a size smaller to be perfect.

For me though I'm size 11 in general and bought size 11 and they fit
Perfect!
Yeah the funny sizing is what puts me off buying online. Anyone know of a store in Manchester that sells these?

Back
Top Bottom