Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So I've ended up spraying a small area of my forks. There was a section right on the underside where the black paint has begun to peel off due to all the crap I guess.

So while my forks are off my bike waiting for my new headset I thought why not? Sanded down the area small area I want to spray, masked off the good area with tape and newspaper, and sprayed the damaged area with some fresh paint. Just drying at the moment after several coats. Will apply some lacquer in the morning.

It will look better than it did, but you probably wouldn't have noticed the damage before unless it was pointed out! :)

Soldato
Got out of bed early and had a short ride before work. Still slow, gonna take a while to get back to where I was but will keep working at it!

Nice and cool in the morning, but eat before or after riding?

Soldato
So it was a bit chilly at 6:10-6:30 when I cycled in, ice in the beard again :p

Good to be back on the road bike though, not too much ice around still so running the same old slicks, friday looks like snow apparently so guess I'll take the mountain bike again, not got winter/studded tyres but I'll take some tread over none I think...

Associate
Yeah, it's pretty icy out there. I'm delaying sticking my studded ones on until the snow comes down or it gets icier. Too worried about losing studs riding on dry tarmac. I just have to keep a close eye out for ice patches for now.

Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla;23567381 said:
LIzardSkins DSP. Comes in 2.5mm thick or 5mm thick for those spring classics ;)

Started using it on the weekender at the back end of the summer and it's great.

Cheers for the suggestions. LizardSkins seem to be pretty popular. Trying to find a brown leather or leather look. Any thoughts on Brooks bar tape?

Soldato
Cheers for the suggestions. LizardSkins seem to be pretty popular. Trying to find a brown leather or leather look. Any thoughts on Brooks bar tape?

I've got that on the shopper / kid transport bike. It's lovely and looks great with a matching Brooks saddle. The only issue I've had is losing the ends off the cork bar plugs which has happened on a couple if occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom