Las Vegas to Grand Canyone airplane trip

Soldato
You need to have a read up, a chopper CANNOT land in what people thing is the Canyon (South Rim viewpoints etc).

Those trips are tarted up as Grand Canyon trips but are actually to the West Rim which is much smaller, less impressive and the skywalk thing is on Indian grounds and a complete rip off (no taking your own pictures, have to buy theirs etc).

Avoid!

Exactly Helicopter were banned from decending below the rim of the canyon a good few years back so any helicopter landing in the canyon is not in the main thing!

When we went to Vegas we were advised not to prebook the trips but to go to a few of the stalls on the strip and haggle to get a good price. We got a plane from the north airport and then a helicopter down into the Canyon followed by a boat trip and then back by helicopter to the rim for lunch before getting the plane back. Was a good trip. Plane was a King Air and I managed to bag a seat up front next to the pilot :)

See above your helicopter landed in at best a side Canyon.

We went in a chopper to the Grand Canyon and were allowed to take our own photos...

There are no direct helicopter flights from Las Vegas to the real canyon it is too far the only option is to take a plane then switch to a chopper.

Soldato
Anything through Viator should be pretty good (although anything by helicopter isn't the Grand Canyon because they can't make that distance nor is flying below the rim allowed in the National Park). I did a half-day trip by plane, pick-up from hotel, 1 hour flight, couple of hours at a few sites on the south rim via coach and then back to Vegas. Out at about 6am and back on the strip by 1pm. If you have more time I've heard the longer trips (i.e to the North rim) are worth it.

Back
Top Bottom