Sky Wireless Connector for Sky + HD

Soldato
Hello folks, as title, looking to get this since my router is in one room and the Sky box in another.

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/wireless-connector/

Would this be the best way to connect the Sky HD box to my home broadband (consider the limitations of locations as described above)? Is there anything else I should consider?

The connector costs nearly £22, and was wondering if there was any cheaper alternatives.

Thanks.

EDIT: This probably should have been posted in the Networking section actually, could a mod move this please? Thanks.

RJC

RJC

Don
My Parents have the Sky Wireless adapter and its not bad little device, the other option is powerline adapters but these are only a few pounds more.

Soldato
OP
So generally worth the 20 odd quid to get it for? Im looking for a hassle free solution in all honesty. I have tried Power Plugs in the past (for a different project) but unfortunately the speed was pitiful across the house (something like 2mbit).
So looks like this is the best option.

Just one last question folks, can these be had for cheaper elsewhere? Or are they sourced only via Sky?

Associate
I've just gone and ordered one. For now it's too much hassle to sort out a wired connection and I didn't want to mess about with home plugs as I think the wiring is on a different ring anyway. For once, I want plug and play - maybe I'm getting old?

Associate
The gfs parents have this and it was a bit of a pain to get working. It took about an hour of turning things on and off in different orders before it would connect to the network.

It was also ridiculously slow until I played with the wireless network channels.

Soldato
Sky had an offer on these before Xmas, they were about £5 each. My old man bought everyone and his dog one. We are cat5e wired but dad's works great.

Caporegime
They were £9.99 but folk were ordering three or four at a time for other devices, not just sky boxes. They put the price up and you can only order as many as you have HD boxes now. Good little thing.

Associate
Does anyone know how to set this up with an old fat xbox 360? if it's possible.
or is it just press and pair up done? maybe manual setup through the ethernet port first.

Back
Top Bottom