RAID recovery fail

Associate
Hi All,
I have a 4tb RAID array which stores all of my data in a RAID 0.

Last night I got the error on boot up (BIOS) that one of the disks had an error. The RAID is an Intel ICH10R using 2 WD Caviar Blacks.

In the past I used this guide to recover the RAID which worked awesome

http://www.overclock.net/t/478557/ho...ber-disk-error

However this time even though it had seen the array and written the 2 partitions, none of the files were present.

I ran the procedure again and on boot Windows ran check disk to repair the files. This took around 8 hours however only 10% of the files are now there.

Even though windows is reporting the hard drive space on each partition correctly the data is lost. Most of what is there is corrupt.

I am currently running a deep inspection using GetDataBack NTFS but does anyone have any idea in case this doesn't work.

My last backup was the 18th of December so not the end of the world, but still i'd like to be able to pull all the files back if possible

Soldato
sounds like its gone.

You shouldn't really be using RAID 0 for storing data on.

RAID 0 is for performance increases really.
It splits files and writes a bit of the 1 file to each of your hard drives increasing write times.

If 1 drive dies then you lose everything.

Soldato
4TB in RAID0 ? LOL simply LOL

For any RAID-0 array that I have, I ensure that there's a nightly incremental backup for it.

Go slap your wrist and never do it again, you're excused from detention on this occasion but I won't be so 'easy going' next time. Ensure you look into an unRAID if you want to continue with this madness

Back
Top Bottom