It's snowing

Soldato
Steady stuff in London, but I think the city could have been worse this year. Snowed all Friday, had a wintry mix yesterday, and looks like it'll be wintry all today, but it's not the big flakes coming down so main roads are keeping clear just fine, no need for meltdown.

Associate
Just got back from the Falkland Islands, on the way back into RAF Brize Norton i thought we were still in the clouds, final approach and i thought there was just loads of low-lying cloud, turns out it was just untouched fields of snow!

Soldato
You need snow ploughs, not gritters.

Anyway don't tarnish every council, west Berks has done a great job around here and major routes are completely clear.
Thats the only thing I would ever give west berks council credit for. Other than that, they are a bunch of nobbers.

Just got back from the Falkland Islands, on the way back into RAF Brize Norton i thought we were still in the clouds, final approach and i thought there was just loads of low-lying cloud, turns out it was just untouched fields of snow!

Welcome to the forums.

Last edited:
Associate
Snowing very lightly again here. Just cleared the driveway of the last lot of snow/ice. Still got the rest of the road to do yet though, at least there are other people who have started on the road a bit further down the hill.

Really need to get some fuel for the car, and I wanted to go out for a random drive and take some photos, but I don't want to leave the car on the main road if I can't get back up the hill.

Soldato
Wanted to pop to the supermarket today and stock up on food, but the snow is slowly building up again in Farnborough. Don't fancy getting stuck in my RWD car :/

Soldato
Our attempt at a snow man with his snow cats

20130119134647.jpg

Back
Top Bottom