** Official World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Thread**

Associate
This has happened to a m8 of mine a few times. He works all over the country so he's logging in from different IP's all the time on his laptop.
Each time it's happened though the only way he could get it sorted was by phoning customer support. Tickets etc. got him nowhere.

Ok thank you, I will have to wait until tomorrow and hopefully the lines will be open then. With luck I may have it working by the afternoon. But that would more then likely be hoping a lot.

Soldato
Stupid "To The Rescue" mission! :mad:

Had to submit a ticket to get it sorted (why they don't just remove the mission until it's fixed is beyond me) and until then i'm twiddling my thumbs unable to really go any further in the zone.

I mean come on, I appreciate that problems arise but I've had this on the last three characters I've levelled through Ashenvale and it's still there, causing a problem!

Associate
Any active OC Guilds around? I come back for Pandaland but im kinda on my own, most of my old mates dont play anymore. Dont mind rerolling elsewhere aslong as i got people i can chat with etc and eventually hop into a raid or 2 with, nothing too hardcore though!

Even better if the raid a litle later than the norm! 8 - 9pm UK onwards is perfect for me

Not on OC guild but our guild on EU-Laughing Skull raid Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday usually from 8pm - 10pm. We like to take it seriously enough to gear up and get the bosses down, but not so serious that we can't have a laugh while doing it. We could do with a few more members to fill up the raid team to help with rotating members and filling in when people can't make it, let me know if you (or anyone else) is interested and I'll give you the details.

Soldato
I'm back to the game after 7 years away. I tried to download a gathering UI mod. But it's not the same as one I used to use. This shows all possible locations of nodes.

I used to use one which identified actual node locations with a gold spot on the map.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

In-game tracking shows node locations as a gold spot. It's not a mod.

Associate
Well I have regained access to my account :D So I've been running about on a trail checking different realms to see what the AH is like on them. Just would like a busy realm with a solid AH, and hopefully a casual guild (there are hundreds of them I know)
to join until I get up to speed (slowly).

Draenor seems alright from horde side, not looked at any from alliance side yet. I still can't make up my mind what to level on the new realm. I've only got 1 lvl 85 so not sure if it would be worth transferring any other character across if I decide to do so. Was a bit of an altaholic thus, I can't decide what to level and try stick with.

I think I will try a straight dps class 1st. They seem to be in short supply, mage, lock, rogue and hunter the only ones? So Mage or Lock? Who knows I may just end up going back to pala/war -_-

I need a reason to try out Alliance. Any suggestions.

Associate
Well I have regained access to my account :D So I've been running about on a trail checking different realms to see what the AH is like on them. Just would like a busy realm with a solid AH, and hopefully a casual guild (there are hundreds of them I know)
to join until I get up to speed (slowly).

Draenor seems alright from horde side, not looked at any from alliance side yet. I still can't make up my mind what to level on the new realm. I've only got 1 lvl 85 so not sure if it would be worth transferring any other character across if I decide to do so. Was a bit of an altaholic thus, I can't decide what to level and try stick with.

I think I will try a straight dps class 1st. They seem to be in short supply, mage, lock, rogue and hunter the only ones? So Mage or Lock? Who knows I may just end up going back to pala/war -_-

I need a reason to try out Alliance. Any suggestions.

I was in the same boat as you, used to be a alt-aholic, and have a level 80 lock, but when I came back, I decided to go back to my 1st ever WoW class - The Hunter. And I absolutley love it! And has been my 1st Alliance character since that character, as I usually roll horde!

Associate
I've now resubbed and started a lock (aiming for affli) on Draenor.

Had constant disconnections, so I've given it a break and managed to sort out a rearrangement of cables and things. So hardwired now. I hope that helps. If not then perhaps opening ports on the router for the ports wow uses?

Soldato
How do I enable that, or is it always on?

You can only see nodes if you have the relevent profession and even then it's only on the minimap and not your map proper. (right click the magnifying glass on your mini map and enable the tracking option)

There isn't a mod going that will show you all the current spawn points of resource nodes on your map, if you had one that did prior, you were 'hacking' :)

Associate
I had a 2 week break from wow, well got a bit bored,got account closed for suspicious activity email and all my golds gone.First time i've been hacked in what 7 years,couldn't be bothered to try and get it back so just deleted all my characters and closed account.

goodbye wow forever finally free from your grasp:D

Ske

Ske

Associate
I haven't levelled any of my Cata mains (they're all still 85). The Jade Forest is grim! I did have a dabble a few weeks back but I couldn't get in to it whatsoever. I want to level one of my healers but I don't want to quest - is levelling through dungeons viable this expansion?

Caporegime
You can only see nodes if you have the relevent profession and even then it's only on the minimap and not your map proper. (right click the magnifying glass on your mini map and enable the tracking option)

There isn't a mod going that will show you all the current spawn points of resource nodes on your map, if you had one that did prior, you were 'hacking' :)

Must have been that they were identified on the minimap.

I've downloaded Gatherer2, and it just lathers the map with dots and I don't know which ones are live or not.

Soldato
Must have been that they were identified on the minimap.

I've downloaded Gatherer2, and it just lathers the map with dots and I don't know which ones are live or not.

So go look. Gatherer isn't there to play the game for you, it's to help you plan routes around zones to find the optimum number of nodes in the least time.

Man of Honour
I haven't levelled any of my Cata mains (they're all still 85). The Jade Forest is grim! I did have a dabble a few weeks back but I couldn't get in to it whatsoever. I want to level one of my healers but I don't want to quest - is levelling through dungeons viable this expansion?

It's viable for the first level, but then suffers heavy diminishing returns.

Even so, you will still need to run the first dungeon lots of times to get that level.

Questing for leveling was what made me quit this game, I can't stand it. I wish I could level in a party (and by that I don't mean doing the same quests, but in a party......)

Soldato
Stupid "To The Rescue" mission! :mad:

Had to submit a ticket to get it sorted (why they don't just remove the mission until it's fixed is beyond me) and until then i'm twiddling my thumbs unable to really go any further in the zone.

I mean come on, I appreciate that problems arise but I've had this on the last three characters I've levelled through Ashenvale and it's still there, causing a problem!

Remove your gear and restart it. :D sounds daft but it works. I haven't had the problem the last three times working through Ashenvale though so I assumed they fixed it. I remember having to do the gear removal fix, exit the zone and re-enter the zone to get it working though as I could never be bothered waiting for GMs. Make sure you have no pets out too etc.

Associate
Have i missed something

but have Boss encounters changed to allow the use of only 2 healers ?

We are progressing slowly but surely now through HOF, 1st boss dead 3 healers 2nd boss started with 3 healers then RL said we going to try it with 2 and same out come but healing output didnt really change ?

Take Elegon and Will in MV as well both can be 2 healed not back in Cata or WofLK this would have been impossible, bare in mind cause i slack in not doing LFR and heroics i am still 1 green and 2 or 3 blues along with my crafted Plate hands and Chest Item level 476 ? yet we seem to do better with raid bosses with 2 healers and i can get my head round it ?

Anyway 1st boss in HOF killed on Sunday and 2nd Boss down to 10% after 10 or so tries, stuggling now with 20% phase with whirlwinds, just seem to take so much dmg from running up the corridor .

Associate
Have i missed something

but have Boss encounters changed to allow the use of only 2 healers ?

It's been that way for a while, you could 2 healer almost all of DS normal as well in the last expansion, it does really depend on gear of both the healers and the tanks.

Elagon is a 2 healer fight all day long and the 1st Boss in HoF is so much easier with 2 healers because you have that bit more dps for the final phase. Normally most fights start as 3 healers and then move to 2 later on when people have the gear for it.

You'll also find with 2 healers less heals are wasted in over healing so they are able to heal a fair amount more each even using the same amount of spells.

Garalon is proving to be an issue for us at the moment because our DPS is too low, still need another 5-10% extra than we currently have. It also really needs 3 healers as there is a fair amount of dmg being chucked about, but that is partly down to still learning the fight.

Associate
ok, so i have just bought the battle chest and im going to give this game a go to see if i like it.

good thing is i have played and completed the Warcraft RTS games so i know what the story is etc etc.

Now i have researched, watched videos etc for the last few months and i have decided on rolling two characters (one Alliance and one Horde) so i can experience both sides of the fence. Im in not mad rush and i dont have loads of time to play so want to take it nice and slow.

I have an experienced friend who doesnt play anymore but he recommended the following:

1 - Choose a decent battlegroup for your character where your faction has a good win ratio, my research indicates that these battlegroups dont exist anymore?
2 - Choose a high pop server for that faction but not too high as there will be queues
3 - Might be best making a healer class if i want to get into pvp
4 - Though probably best off at first doing dps in pve

Now my thoughts are:

1 - I will probably lean towards doing PVP more than PVE but i dont want to go on a PVP server (if that makes sense), what servers and battlegroups do you reccommend? dont want both characters on the same server or battlegroup.
2 - Play a hybrid class so i have options
3 - Play a damage spec in pve and healer in pvp
4 - I dont like the look of this new bruce less monk class at all, seems a bit silly
5 - Really like the lore and looks of Paladins and Shamans but i hear both are rather weak?

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure what shammy dps is like at 90 but retribution paladins are somewhat lacking atm, pallys currently make better tanks or healers.
Shamans are also pretty good healers but if you want to heal in pvp i think the best overall healer for that was a restoration druid.

Back
Top Bottom