Weed smokers downstairs

Associate
Have a word, say you don't mind them smoking weed if it is really them, but would prefer they close their bathroom door when they do so the smell doesn't come up through the vents.

Associate
I've just moved into a house that I bought and a big reason was that was living in a flat was hellish when you have neighbours like that and aren't considerate. My neighbour used to smoke all day as he didn't have a job and eventually had to sell is flat for 20k less than he bought it for!! Smells horrible like youre at university so I feel your pain.

My advice is to send a letter explaining it stinks and you dont want to smell it and see what happens if not landlord and police.

Associate
Have you met them yet?
If not why not pop down and say hello seeing as your new, hopefully they will be really nice and invite you in and you will get on and be able to have a word with them about maybe smoking outside, if not then at least you will have smelt their flat so you can deffo say its them and so make an informed decision

The only reason I say this is that my mate was moaning about a similar thing in his flat and he swore it was the guy in the flat opposite him, turned out when the bib broke down the door of the flat above him that someone was growing it in the loft space and the smell made its way through to the other flats

Hope you get it sorted

Soldato
Would bother, you might get on the wrong side of one of the weed smokers what's there.

An annoying situation, though...

I think a knock on the door and a polite request, or a quick note under the door would be my first step.

Associate
Would bother, you might get on the wrong side of one of the weed smokers what's there.

An annoying situation, though...

I think a knock on the door and a polite request, or a quick note under the door would be my first step.

lol not sure you would get much grief of them tbh :cool:, but hey a note under the door is a good plan as well
Edit- but can you imagine if they opened the door as you did it! =)

Last edited:
Soldato
Why not go around and introduce yourself? Then once chatting say you know they smoke weed and are cool with it but you get it coming through into your flat through the bathroom. Could they possibly take steps to stop this happening? Maybe keep a certain door shut or something? If you are earnest with them I'm sure they'll try and accommodate you.

If that fails then straight into boxing stance and get ready to avoid flying spit.

Soldato
Have a polite word and if that fails have a word with the land lord. If that fails then go to the police explaining the situation.
If for some reason that fails then try the police again before either; A) putting up with it, or B) moving.

Soldato
OP
I think it's coming through the extractor fan in the bathroom. I was have a lets say relaxing number 2 and I swear iv nailed 3/4 bar of chocolate lol.

Going to take your advice and just introduce myself tomorrow morning.

Associate
Definitely worth a bit of snooping / rapport building before broaching the subject, taking a friendly & subtle approach to them and you'll soon find out if they are reasonable people enough to ask if they can stop stinking the place up with chronic. Is the whole building rented accommodation or do some residents own their flats outright?

Associate
If you ask them politely and they won't take it in and then you going to call a landlord/police then they will know it's you... hard to decide what to do.

I was in a similar situation, I lived in a shared house and two of my mates smoked non-stop, didn't annoy me as much till the smell was kept out of my room. I had a boiler in my room and the smell just seem to travel through walls and ceilings (it was a town house). I asked them many times to open the window whenever they smoke and they did in the beginning, but after some time just started completely ignoring me... glad it was only a year, but it was really tiring to constantly remind them to open a window and stuff and have the same argument over and over again. Couldn't really report them to my lanlord as I was afraid they going to do something to my stuff (no door locks on any of the rooms).

As my payback I sabotaged their connection to the wifi, so they were forced to go out or go sleep (didn't have TV) lol

Man of Honour
Tell the police you suspect they might be dealing, if they have a considerable amount in the flat when the police turn up, that should sort your problem out.

Back
Top Bottom