Neighbour, driveway, taking the mikey, your opinion

Soldato
Why don't you do some *** for tat and ensure that whenever you park you always mount her garden, multiple times if need but have a rest between each go and see how she likes it.

Personally, if it was me I'd not bother as there there are far worse things to worry about in this world.

Soldato
Makes me laugh that people moan they can't get off their drive or whatever, why not just spend an hour or two digging the ice and snow off? There is even that magic blue stuff you just sprinkle on.
The laziness of people amazes me, I shovelled my own drive/ pathway up to the neighbours house and seem to be the only person who did.

And theres a steep hill all the culsdesac have to go up to get to the main road, gritted it while a bunch of lazy ********* sat about and watched.
No offer of a hand, it only took me 20 minutes with a bucket and shovel but even so I was a bit ****ed off because as soon as I finished it seemed to be everyone coming out and getting in their cars at once.
Whatever happened to common courtesy is what I want to know.

Soldato
A nice neighbor is worth their weight in gold. I don't think this is worth risking any potential umbrage over.

Maybe if you get on with them you could make a joke out of it? Something like "....I'm not surprised - I've seen you trying to get off the drive LOL"? Then maybe they'll realize you're well aware of it and also be shamed into driving properly :)

Associate
Not read the whole thread, and not entirely sure whether the posted video is CCTV footage from your house, but can't quite believe what I'm seeing!

I would just ask them nicely to not use your drive to manoeuvre. My neighbour always used to reverse his car on our drive to turn round in the morning, as we actually use our garage each night. I asked him not to, and he doesn't do it any more - no problems.

Soldato
My input:

1. Your neighbour is terrible at parking even given the snow.

2. When I thought your grass was getting cut up I agreed with you.

3. When you made it clear it is paved/tarmaced I realised you are just being petty.

Do yourself a favour and get over it. Trivialities like this shout not be an important part of your life.

Soldato
When I read the post in the other thread I thought she was driving across some grass or something too!

Is this one of those 'first world' problems I keep hearing about?

I'm not even sure it classes as one of those, unless he wants to claim money for the wear and tear on the paving!

Soldato
My garden "ends" about 30cm to the left of the back end of the BMW (as you look at the image)

Left of that is the shared drive, to the left of that (off camera) is their garden

The black clear patch on my garden is where the mk4 Golf normally lives

The shared drive has a dropped curb, there is also a dropped curb to my side of the shared drive.

I can see the text being worded along the lines of "remember we discussed a gate between the houses a while back and you felt it would be "like you claiming the shared drive as your own"? well i feel that you driving across my front garden practically everyday, basically treating it like your own, is the same. please can you stop doing it? the purpose of the (shared) drive is to access our gardens"

So she momentarily cuts across the end of your drive?

If my next door neighbour complained about that to me I'd sleep with his wife out of spite. Actually I wouldn't as she looks like a man.......are you married?......:D

Soldato
When I first read your post I thought this women was basically burning rubber across your carefully manicured law, now I see she is simply rolling a tyre over your paved drive ...I really don't see the issue, if it means she can get off the other driveway without writing anything off, I say what's the problem? ...you're right though, it does sound silly and petty and you really shouldn't worry about it, there are bigger concerns in life than that.

It might be yours, but in this case does it really matter? ... do you really feel so possessive over that little corner of your empire that you are prepared to go to war with a neighbour for placing a wheel on it a couple of times a day for a few seconds at a time?

I don't see how it practically affects you in anyway at all, apparently it psychologically does ...but the issue is more with you than her in this case I think.

Soldato
A nice neighbor is worth their weight in gold. I don't think this is worth risking any potential umbrage over.

This is exactly what i was thinking. Are you really prepared to jeopardise that and potentially have to put up with years of bickering and ***-for-tat behaviour, because you moaned about her driving 2 ft over your paved driveway and that "it isn't your job to make her life easier". Seriously?! Wow.

Associate
My garden "ends" about 30cm to the left of the back end of the BMW (as you look at the image)

Left of that is the shared drive, to the left of that (off camera) is their garden

The black clear patch on my garden is where the mk4 Golf normally lives

The shared drive has a dropped curb, there is also a dropped curb to my side of the shared drive.

I can see the text being worded along the lines of "remember we discussed a gate between the houses a while back and you felt it would be "like you claiming the shared drive as your own"? well i feel that you driving across my front garden practically everyday, basically treating it like your own, is the same. please can you stop doing it? the purpose of the (shared) drive is to access our gardens"

Soldato
OP
Hello all

Thanks for all your posts. Despite saying I suspected I was possibly being a complete rectum in my original post, your repeated sentiments are not quite sinking in fully yet, please keep the "petty and pathetic" comments rolling in, and dont sit on the fence, i need to know how you all really feel ;)

[TW]Fox;23608821 said:
Question: How does it actually impact you in any way if she drives over the corner of your driveway?

Well I dont suffer physically or economically, thats obvious, but I suffer in the same way as you would if you were stopped at the traffic lights or near a bus stop and someone decides to help themselves to the back seat of your 530 just because you happen to be driving near to where they need to go and they want a lift.

The additional fuel cost of you carrying a passenger would be comparable to any additional cost I may incur in maintaining my front garden, nil, and the same goes for the physical hurt involved, but it begs the question, why should I?

Its not my job to make other people's lives easier, in the same way as it isnt your job to give someone at the bus stop a lift in your 530, but i doubt you would entertain that idea for a second.

Untitled.jpg

As for the lay out, this is the only picture i can find of the two front gardens.

It shows the road, the pavement, the shared drive (strip of concrete between the two front gardens). My front garden on the left, hers on the right (both are now paved) so when she reverses off picture in the video, she reverses onto her own driveway. their small gate and small section of wall is no longer there

the picture is not to prove anything, it is posted just for the sake of the discussion

Back
Top Bottom