Status
Not open for further replies.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
The neighbourhood thinks im mental. It needed doing tbh, been putting it off for far too long.
Trick is to use warm water in the buckets :)

Soon work up some body heat polishing and waxing.
I enjoyed the fresh air tbh, I only got asked "can you do mine when you're finished", 5 times today...
My standard reply is yes, for £60 :D

Man of Honour
After 2 months and 2 weeks~ my car is clean (on the outside), I am now sleeping better at night.

That being said, I was surprised at the lack of heavy dirt given the length of time that has passed, it was like a thin layer only and the half/half difference on one side of the bonnet wasn't blindingly obvious.

A fresh coat of 476s in the Spring is needed, the sheeting has gone a bit weaker.

Associate
Although I'm not brave enough to crack out the wax on my car, I have just watched my younger brother clean and polish the metal runners on his wooden sledge. Wirebrush, Scotchbrite, 1000 grade emery, AG SRP and left with AG HD wax on. Says he's going to put some AG clay lubricant on it tomorrow.

I'll need to stock up again in summer at this rate!

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
As per the 50% off deal I posted, got a nice little package today...

8392488311_835dcaf602_b.jpg

8392488613_7057112f60_b.jpg

Lone watsit managed to stay!

8393574496_e74dbdf662_b.jpg

Now just for some better weather to give the car a proper going over :D

Caporegime
Can anyone recommend a snowfoam that will get rid a lot of the road grime without touching the paint work? My car is currently black from road dirt/salt and I want to remove most of it before I use my wash mitt.

Edit: Can't find Actimousse anywhere?

Last edited:
Soldato
New car, new wash regime req'd

Been an age since posting on here :)

Anyways, New car arrives in a week or so and i'm keen to improve my wash regime and also protect the paint from new as much as possible. I've until this point been an occasional washer with bucket and hose and chamois dry if I really can be bothered. That's not to say that I don't have a agarage full of unused autoglym products lol.

Car is a Galena Grey Pearl(mid grey) Citroen DS5 and ideally i'm looking for a paint protection system I can apply from day 1. I won't be paying for diamondbrite :)

Then I hope I can get some advice towards a maintenance regime.

i don't mind spending the £250 or so a diamondbrite application would cost from a dealer, so multiple buckets and a snow foam lance etc can be considered.

Any help would be greatly received as i'm at a loss on product selection and what is best/easiest.

Cheers

Soldato
First of all id read some of the car washing guides on detailing world

The knowledge those guides give will help you far more than the products you buy

Soldato
I agree look over at detailingworld for product reviews and a lot of info. The best option from what you said though would be a sealant (instead of a wax) as they last a long time - I have seen some people on detailing world commenting on getting over 1 year between applications.

In terms of cost I have found that most money is spent on stuff for the big cleans - things like clay bars, Tar and Fall out removers etc as these are things that are done once or twice a year. Once wheels and body are protected just for a regular wash you really only need car shampoo, wash mit, wheel brush and 2 buckets.

As for product selection, what AutoGlym ones do you have? no point buying duplicate ones when the AG ones can be used.

Last edited:
Soldato
My phiosophy nowadays is screw the wax and up the concentration on my actimousse for snow foam.

Foam on, blast off and the car comes out perfectly fine, spray some aquawax on the end it looks great for a touchless wash.

Infact, I've been doing this for pretty much 2 years now, I rarely get the buckets out as I CBA.

Associate
I can not believe anyone is thinking about washing their car when its this cold outside!! my car is in an absolute state because of it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom