Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The car is brand new hence my wanting specific info on sealing etc. I do have stuff like super resin polish but I was looking at something to start with on brand new factory paint.

SRP is a mixed product it has some fine cut to help reduce small swirl marks, some filling ability to fill the bigger scratches and swirls and some protection too. However it isn't comparible to doing those 3 stages individually and using 3 individually designed produtcs.

Are you looking for a wax or a sealant? Personally I prefer using a wax to a sealant however for longevity a wax doesn't come close to a sealant. If you wanted to use the SRP you have you could do and apply a dedicated wax over the top.

The problem offering advice is the products are all different and so appeal to one person or another. Personally I love using Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro wax but it is a hard wax and some people prefer soft waxes so don't like it.

An interesting thread on detailing world asking for peoples favorite products in each job so worth looking through all of them, see here: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=293824

Also having spent a while reading detailing world and short time posting on there the state of some new cars is terrible so depends on how your car looks when you get it what you will actually need.

Some products I would recommend though would be a good quality shampoo, making sure it isn't one that removes LSP (last stage product - usually a wax or sealant) and preferable isn't a wash and wax as don't really want that adding ontop of the LSP you already put on the car. I would also suggest a sealant for your wheels to stop and dirt or brake dust sticking to them, also means you can clean them with normal car shampoo instead of harsher wheel cleaners. I would also recomend getting some clay (personally only ever use bilt hamber) and some Iron X as the paint can get quite contaminated rolling through the factory.

Soldato
No I wouldn't use the SRP as I don't see the need to use a polish on new paint.

I do have a meguirs clay kit in the garage with the detailing spray so may start with that.

Then I think I might try this stuff "Werkstat Acrylic Kit" won't post a link but seems to get good reviews.

Then maybe get a snowfoam lance for the karcher and a two bucket system.

Any good snowfoam and wash reccomendations?

No I wouldn't use wheel cleaner. My current car has laquer over lazer cut alloys so wheel acid is a no no :)

Soldato
No I wouldn't use the SRP as I don't see the need to use a polish on new paint.

Depends what look you are going for. Obviously a lot of people on DW aim for perfection but some new cars do come with scratches and swirls. Most recent one I remember seeing is this one: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=281364

I am not saying you will need it but I wouldn't ever say you definately don't need it on a new car.

Then I think I might try this stuff "Werkstat Acrylic Kit" won't post a link but seems to get good reviews.

Then maybe get a snowfoam lance for the karcher and a two bucket system.

Any good snowfoam and wash reccomendations?

Never used Werkstat so can't comment on it. Snow foam wise, Valet Pro Advanced Neutral Snow foam gets recommended a lot on DW, especially as you can use it through a pump sprayer also for a pre wash. If you are looking for a foam lance, check out the group buy section on DW Autobrite have one on offer.

No I wouldn't use wheel cleaner. My current car has laquer over lazer cut alloys so wheel acid is a no no :)

Can't help here, only ever clean my boggo standard wheels which seem to take any cleaner can throw at them so don't know if need to do anything special for laquered lazer cut wheels.

Soldato
I got thoroughly trolled by the weather today. Been dry and sunny all day while I was cleaning it, only to rain heavily about an hour after I'd finished. Rage :mad:

Oh well. At least the worst of the winter grime is off.

nam

nam

Soldato
Hi All
has anyone used AG HD cleanser ? is this recommended for New Cars ? Currently i have a 62 Plate Audi A1 Since Spetmber 2012. My routine is washing on a 4 week Cycle.
1. SnowFoam with Autobrite Lance and Magifoam
2. Shampoo with Lambswool mitt and Zymol Natural
3. Dry with microfibre
3. Apply Clearkote Quickquote detailer
4. One coat once every 2 months with Collinite 845..

So far Everything is good but i am now considering stripping the wax off and starting from Scratch. I already have the new VP citrus pre-wash which i have diluted 10-1 and applied to the wheel arches and wheels with great effect but i know it can also be applied to the car body to strip off wax..

Any suggestions? Should i carry on with my Current routine ?

Caporegime
Clay bar will take off everything, even lift up all the dirt, if you want to start the detailing from scratch, clay bar should be the something add to your list. I would do it after snowfoam and 2 buckets.

You won't need to do it every 4 weeks though, 6 months at most. I do it once a year.

Last edited:

nam

nam

Soldato
Thanks So after the claybar just apply the collinite 845 and that's it...
and i will not need the AG HD cleanser ?

Clay bar will take off everything, even lift up all the dirt, if you want to start the detailing from scratch, clay bar should be the something add to your list. I would do it after snowfoam and 2 buckets.

You won't need to do it every 4 weeks though, 6 months at most. I do it once a year.

Caporegime
I usually give the car a wash after using the clay bar.

People say that but my thinking is that you have already lifted up all dirt and grime from the car with the clay bar. Anything else is adding or risk adding other things to it, be it chemicals or dirt etc.

At most I just give it a rinse. I mean I've already snowfoam and washed it minutes before the clay bar. why am I washing it again? What purpose does it serve?

Unless the clay bar actually sticks to the car...which I doubt, the thing is more slippery than a bar of soap !

Soldato
People say that but my thinking is that you have already lifted up all dirt and grime from the car with the clay bar. Anything else is adding or risk adding other things to it, be it chemicals or dirt etc.

At most I just give it a rinse. I mean I've already snowfoam and washed it minutes before the clay bar. why am I washing it again? What purpose does it serve?

Unless the clay bar actually sticks to the car...which I doubt, the thing is more slippery than a bar of soap !

Apologies I should have been more specific. I use a Clay Bar Lubricant when I clay so there is usually residue from the product and sometimes a bit of residue from the clay. I usually just go for a rinse depending on how much I have used.

Soldato
could someone point me in the direction of some clay to remove burnt on brake dust spots off my alloys please? :) theyre extremely hard to get off with finger nails!

Associate
Kia Ceed 3 CRDI

P1010476.jpg

P1010472.jpg

P1010473.jpg

P1010482.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom