Anyone been to Big Chill House or Do Drink Dance, in Kings Cross?

Soldato
The Big Chill House is just a large pub. It's quite nice but nothing amazing.

If when you say Do Drink Dance, you mean this place then it's amazing. Upstairs looks like a sweet shop but downstairs is a great little bar. They really know their cocktails and there's plenty of space to dance.

Soldato
I was at The Big Chill House for New Year's Eve, they were hosting a Reggae Roast and it was bloody awesome. I don't remember much of the night, but I remember the venue being nice. Lots of space, rooftop garden, a few different areas you can hang out in.

The bouncers were doucebags though.

Soldato
OP
One vote each!

If when you say Do Drink Dance, you mean this place then it's amazing. Upstairs looks like a sweet shop but downstairs is a great little bar. They really know their cocktails and there's plenty of space to dance.

Tunney, my concern is that the downstairs is a bit too small and on Saturday it reaches capacity. Does it get overly rammed?

I was at The Big Chill House for New Year's Eve, they were hosting a Reggae Roast and it was bloody awesome. I don't remember much of the night, but I remember the venue being nice. Lots of space, rooftop garden, a few different areas you can hang out in.
The bouncers were doucebags though.

Tunney and ScarySquirrel - what would you say the people were like in each? Is it groups of 18yr olds, too cool for school, wearing overly fashionable clothes. Or, people dressed up as if they think they live in America and play in the NBA, wearing things 20 times too big.

Soldato
Tunney, my concern is that the downstairs is a bit too small and on Saturday it reaches capacity. Does it get overly rammed?

Sorry, a bit late replying. It is small but fairly well hidden. You might not get a seat but I've never seen it overly packed.

Tunney and ScarySquirrel - what would you say the people were like in each? Is it groups of 18yr olds, too cool for school, wearing overly fashionable clothes. Or, people dressed up as if they think they live in America and play in the NBA, wearing things 20 times too big.

Do Shop Drink is full of trendy 20-somethings. Good mix of sexes too. The Big Chill is more mixed. Some people there for a quiet drink and some food, some there to party.

Back
Top Bottom