Sky Fibre Optic

Associate
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21164871

Sky having trouble with too many people signing up - I put in my postcode and it says I am affected! Aberdeen only got fibre a few months ago, so not too surprising.

Where about in Aberdeen are you slambo69? I have been looking, but it looks like I am connected directly to the exchange, so no joy for me there (old Earls Court Hotel / Egg and Dart pub area here)

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Same with BT, massive capacity issues and won't admit it, so I'm getting out of my contract, talking to ELC about it tomorrow - I think they are letting me out.

Think twice before joining another BT wholesale provider. :p

Soldato
Can't believe how much faster this thing is over my ADSL connection.

Router connected at 40,000, speed test showing about 34-36. Not getting full speed on everything, but am getting 4.2-4.5 over Steam and Origin.

Downloaded a 4.6GB game via steam in 20 minutes. Would have taken hours before! Very impressed.

Soldato
:/ just phoned sky to see if i could get an earlier date for installation (currently the 18th) and the guy sounded very irate at the request. Really hoped i could get it a week earlier st least :(

Don
:/ just phoned sky to see if i could get an earlier date for installation (currently the 18th) and the guy sounded very irate at the request. Really hoped i could get it a week earlier st least :(

I ordered my fibre on the 9th of December and my install date is the 8 of February. Called a few times to try and bring it forward but Apparently BT only give them a certain amount of appointments a month and they soon get booked up. The last guy I spoke with said to call every few days on the off chance there is a cancelation.

Decided to just wait now.

Soldato
Well had mine installed today, open reach turned up, installed the modem went to the cab came back and I had 40Mb down so happy with that.

Including the cab visit prob only took 20-30 mins

Kimbie

Soldato
I ordered my fibre on the 9th of December and my install date is the 8 of February. Called a few times to try and bring it forward but Apparently BT only give them a certain amount of appointments a month and they soon get booked up. The last guy I spoke with said to call every few days on the off chance there is a cancelation.

Decided to just wait now.

Ordered mine yesterday, theres a back log due to bad weather, l was told by customer service.

Been with Sky for 3 years can't complain at all about the service l have had, the only problem l have had like most is the bad weather affecting Sky.

Back
Top Bottom