Can anybody diagnose this problem? possible dying components.

Associate
Hello ive been having problems with my pc for a while now.
This video pretty much says it all:
http://youtu.be/jqPgcx9Y5Bg
Aswell as the problems posting i have had:
random freezing. (stuck with no response from mouse or keyboard)
Graphics driver crashes: (nvidia driver has recovered from yadayaya error)
prime 95 fails after a while..

memtest is ok (overnight test)
furmark burn in has no artifacts
I can play games ok (not a big gamer but batman ac and saints row 3 run alright)

I have these problems at stock and overclocked. it seems to make no difference to be honest.

I recently purchased a gtx460 refurb from overclockers and am wondering if this could be the problem. (all drivers are up to date)

Or perhaps its a dying motherboard, or cpu.

im stuck ive tried everything i can think of.

Heres the pc specs:
q6600
p35 dsr3
gtx 460
4gb ddr2
earthwatts 500w ea 500 d

Soldato
Disconnect all usb devices. It's probably not the video driver since it never gets loaded.

Bios, PSU or ram timing issue if it's not USB peripheral related. Look in your manual for beep code descriptions.

Soldato
I think it's the video card, myself. I am not saying that it is, but that's the first thing I would try. Swap it out for another known to be working video card, and see what happens.

Do you have a multimeter? Hold the block lead against bare metal on the case (earth) and put the red lead in the yellow (12v) and red (5v) leads in one of the molex plugs from the PSU, and let us know the readings. Either that, or give us the slightly less accurate readings from the BIOS.

Soldato
Why would you record a video in portrait? Why?! :(

You awful awful terrible person.

Up the voltage on the GTX460, see if that helps you with anything.

It's very likely to be the GPU, and that was the reason why it was sold as b-grade.

Associate
the corruption on the video card info makes me think its the video card, you could try reseating it or try it in a different slot.

Associate
OP
I have tried reseating the card, and i only have one slot :( lol. Do i have a case for returning the card without absolute proof that it is causing the problem? It has a one year overclockers warranty

Soldato
I have tried reseating the card, and i only have one slot :( lol. Do i have a case for returning the card without absolute proof that it is causing the problem? It has a one year overclockers warranty

overclockers are good with this kind of thing. Give em a call, or post in the CS forum, worst case, you send them card, they plug it in, it works 100% fine, then send it back and dont refund your postage. But you now know the card is fine.

Back
Top Bottom