Can I remotely control the volume somehow using an android phone?

Soldato
Got a galaxy y and google music works nicely on it.

However I'm lazy and want to be able to adjust the volume remotely maybe thru a web interface or something similar.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Soldato
I don't think there will be a way other than doing a VNC-like solution.

However, I agree with Skyfall :p Why not just listen to Google Music through the computer you are using at the time?

Soldato
OP
I don't think there will be a way other than doing a VNC-like solution.

However, I agree with Skyfall :p Why not just listen to Google Music through the computer you are using at the time?

Ok, I'll check out a VNC like solution. Most of the apps I found on google were to control the volume in your computer on using an android handset, as opposed to the other way around.

As for my reasons for needing remote volume control, this isn't for home use, and ideally I'll be using another handset or tablet in order to change the volume. :p

Soldato
OP
That makes no sense!

You want to avoid changing the volume on one handset by changing it on another handset...

:confused:

[/url]
What exactly is it that you don't understand? I need something like a remote control really, in fact being able to have transport controls would be good also, but volume control is most important, but the Google music app has no volume control slider which means even a remote control app may not work here. I've tried airplay and while it works it's not ideal as it doesn't play nice with google music on iOs.

As for why I need to do this, there is more than 1 scenario where which would be handy for me, if you need to elaborate I will.

Are there any VNC solutions that don't need the phone to be rooted?
Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
a bluetooth remote control?

Although if you must use a 'remote' app try out airdroid, that may do what you want

Thats what I'm planning on getting for my nexus 7 when I eventually grab the dock for it...

Soldato
As for why I need to do this, there is more than 1 scenario where which would be handy for me, if you need to elaborate I will.

Are there any VNC solutions that don't need the phone to be rooted?
Thanks
Afaik there are no vnc servers that don't require root...

You know I might have thought of something you could use...

1 sec...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...remote&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

Yep I think this does volume, I guess you don't need a tablet and can run it on your phone.

Please tell me what you're using it for its driving me nuts lol

Back
Top Bottom