Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
One of them was the spitting image of this cat:

Young_Siamese_Seal_Point_zps840c9b24.jpg

Thats a traditional siamese, there are breeders out there but you may have to look for them. They've been replaced by the more triangular faced/long limbed siamese (and not necessarily for the better, many of them have congenital problems)

Ah cool, thanks for that. Lovely looking cats you have there. Does the Siamese have a similar temperament to what I remember in ours? Ours tended to follow you around a lot like a dog would and were generally more inquisitive than other cats we had, also very, very vocal at times.

Pretty much, yes. Certainly on the vocal part.

Don
Thanks for your kind words guys.
I cannot believe this news has hit me so hard, but I guess when you treat pets like your children, the loss can be massive. If this is what it's like to lose a cat, I'm not sure if I should get another cat as the pain when you lose your pet is too great.

Mr Bengal has completely lost his athletic ability. He is unable to chase or run. His body is clearly shutting down.

I was looking at cremation services last night. I'm not sure if I will cremate or just bury him in my back garden and get him a little headstone.

sorry not replied more mate, knocked me back a bit, told my missus tonight, she has follwed progress of your two as well, take care

Don
Personally i'd get him cremated in case you ever move and want to take him with you. Doesn't mean you can't then bury him, but someone who moved into your property may not show him the same respect you would, headstone or not.

*hugs*

we had a private cremation when Izzy died, buried the casket and planted a small tree over it, as you say we wanted option to take her with us if needed

Associate
Krooton is winston a pedegree cat? if so what?
He's lovely looking and if i get another cat I think i want one with them eyes...

well gel of your cat :D

Caporegime
Krooton is winston a pedegree cat? if so what?
He's lovely looking and if i get another cat I think i want one with them eyes...

well gel of your cat :D

He's a ped British Shorthair, known for their big round eyes.

I specifically wanted one as they are of the same genetic base as the I Can Haz Cheezbuger cat :D

Got him from here:
http://jandybull.wix.com/sheephouse

Soldato
Saw this on line and thought it quite apt for this thread:

funny-awesome-dma-13.jpg

On a side note - our poor cat Spike has been back to the vets earlier this week after my OH noticed blood in his urine :eek:

So - he's on another set of pills (4 and a half pills a day now) until we see if it clears up. He's currently feeling sorry for himself and sleeping most of the day in his cat travel box. My wife and I have already had the discussion on what we're going to have to do if it gets any worse or if the pills don't work. The fact he's been part of our family for over 16 years now doesn't make it any easier. :(

Soldato
Fingers crossed for Spike, and if it isn't a happy ending, you gave him 16 lovely years :)

My two (after Lola's initial hesitation) love the snow, they've been out there playing in it quite happily. Lola to start with, would only walk where others had been, as you can see from the video below :D

(click to make work)

Puffed out Lola and Dave after playing in the snow :D

B4D98702-0B4A-4511-9736-3E46722C9703-7463-000004B663DA15A6.jpg

2B50E599-E3F1-479F-865A-259CEE685912-7463-000004B65694A74E.jpg

Rare event of them curling up together worn out :)

AC938203-2E51-4914-8BEE-100883C7748E-7463-000004B66DDC8436.jpg

Someone wanted another video of Dave playing with his straw which I will get sorted :)

Associate
Opps sorry Knip i meant Winston not you!
Err!... although im sure your lovely and all that! phew anyway, did you get a vid of your black one (Dave?)btw? he looks like hes going loopy in the snow :D

Soldato
Opps sorry Knip i meant Winston not you!
Err!... although im sure your lovely and all that! phew anyway, did you get a vid of your black one (Dave?)btw? he looks like hes going loopy in the snow :D

Only a couple of decent ones, mainly cos he kept dashing about :D
(click them to make them work)

(trying to get the snow)

Here's him and the straw though :p (until it got stuck under the door!)

Caporegime
Lol so true that picture sonea fifer! :D Except for Sprite, she doesn't like to be touched anywhere apart from her head :p

Sorry to hear about your cat, hopefully it isn't anything too serious and the pills will do the job.

Unfortunately TC hates the snow, gets scared by the noise of it falling from the trees/bushes, rooftops etc. and probably doesn't like the cold :( Sprite loves it though.

Got a cute pic of TC just as he finished doing a big yawn :D

v7sWo43h.jpg

Back
Top Bottom