Rear Window Element Repair / Replacement

Associate
Picked up my second hand vehicle from a local dealer last week. First trip out today where the car was misted up. So I put on the front and back heated screens which worked great at the front, however there are around 10 element sections in a row that are not working. leaving a small section top and bottom which are (so not ideal)

Anyone have any idea how easy this is to fix? or replace? if not I will give the place a bought it from a call, which I probably will anyway. I've seen some paint stuff you can put on if there are breaks, but until the weather cheers up and I get some good light I won't be able to tell.

Cheers for any advice, I should also mention it's still under manufacturers warranty but I can't imagine they would replace / repair it under that? (Ford)

Soldato
Has anyone found that broken gridlines cause a drop in radio signal? I've got 2 grids which are broken, and I wonder whether the pen thing would be good enough to get them working and getting radio signal again.

Man of Honour
Has anyone found that broken gridlines cause a drop in radio signal? I've got 2 grids which are broken, and I wonder whether the pen thing would be good enough to get them working and getting radio signal again.

Should be, they were good enough to unlock cpus back in the day

Soldato
The antenna elements on the screen wont be heater section so yes deffo give it a try, the pens will fix the heater anyway so can deal with decent current.

interesting, so not all of the grid is used for reception. Theres a patch on mine where the grid creates another grid box, which has some broken patches in. Hopefully this is the radio bit, and might give me some reception back!

Back
Top Bottom