29 million Bulgarians and Romanians will gain the right to live and work unrestricted in our country

Caporegime
How can the government claim they will bring down numbers to tens of thousands when they open the floodgates? Or was this decision out of their hands?

Caporegime
How can the government claim they will bring down numbers to tens of thousands when they open the floodgates? Or was this decision out of their hands?

EU law guaranteeing free movement for citizens of member states. Labour learnt their lesson from Poland and implemented restrictions when Romania and Bulgaria joined the EU, but they can only last 10 years and so will expire soon.

Soldato
Yeah.

I have no issue at all with skilled immigration as we have loads of doke dwelling scum who won't work anyway. But people should not be allowed in solely to freeload, it's disgusting.

Without sounding stupid, is it the same in reverse. If i moved to Bulgaria would i receive free medical treatment and benefits after working a certain period of time?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been unemployed for nearly 6 months, since i graduated & a lot my friends are the in the same boat.
Its so frustrating applying for entry level jobs & not getting them due to huge amount of polish & other immigrates also applying for them. They have cornered the entry level of the job market & more immigrates will only make it worse.

Looks like ill have to join my employed mates & emigrate to Australia or Canada.....

So because immigrants are a problem you'll be an immigrant too? :confused:

Associate
I have no issue with immigration.

But...

People should be entitled to zero benefits and have to pay for the NHS until they have been a resident for 10 years. This will scare off the scum and scroungers and then decent migrants who want to work and live here are more than welcome IMO.
10 years? You can become a citizen in 5 years. Also, what about all those who come and pay National Insurance? Where I worked there were a fair few foreigners who were paying more in tax than the average person earns here.

I agree with no unemployment benefits but saying no NHS for 10 years is ridiculous.

Permabanned
They just call you a bigot and play the race card to get into the country it's the argument they use against everyone that opposes mass immigration.

We're losing our countries because of our fear of the r word that they've been using for decades against us.

Romanian? god no, we know how much France has trouble with them.

Soldato
i say let them in and let them take over everyones job in the country, because they'll work for less, so it'll be cheaper for us, even though we'll all be jobless

Soldato
I've been unemployed for nearly 6 months, since i graduated & a lot my friends are the in the same boat.
Its so frustrating applying for entry level jobs & not getting them due to huge amount of polish & other immigrates also applying for them. They have cornered the entry level of the job market & more immigrates will only make it worse.

Looks like ill have to join my employed mates & emigrate to Australia or Canada.....

Yep,

I'm thinking of Aus here, graduated 2yrs ago not really had anything good since. OR Canada maybe.

Soldato
10 years? You can become a citizen in 5 years. Also, what about all those who come and pay National Insurance? Where I worked there were a fair few foreigners who were paying more in tax than the average person earns here.

I agree with no unemployment benefits but saying no NHS for 10 years is ridiculous.

10 years was a ball park figure I'm tossing out there.

There needs to be a period of time in which an immigrant must be self reliant and price they are both wanting to and able to contribute to society. If they can do this great, I don't care about someone's race/gender or anything if they do their bit. However this country has enough problems of its own with our own wasters and unemployment problems that we cannot take on the rest of the worlds problems too. We can no longer afford to be the beatific parent of the world the state this country is in.

Permabanned
EU law guaranteeing free movement for citizens of member states. Labour learnt their lesson from Poland and implemented restrictions when Romania and Bulgaria joined the EU, but they can only last 10 years and so will expire soon.

Labour learned what lesson, to close the stable door after the horse bolted?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Surely people arent gearing up for the arrival of 29m Bulgarians ?

I certainly am in my leafy, middle-class suburbian haven. I've got several months worth of canned caviar, cases of Ryvita and Port. I've also recommissioned my 12-gauge and sharpened my pitchfork. Once the invasion begins, I shall be hurling copies of Atlas Shrugged at them from my rooftop, reminding them that they're the reason wealth creators like myself have disappeared, rendering their idyllic dreams of a brave new world and a better life a fiction.

Either that, or I'll pay them £5 a week to do the gardening and ironing.

Soldato
The difference, so I believe, to this situation and the Polish one, is all EU Countries borders will be opening to Bulgaria & Romania at the same time, so the immigration will be spread across a lot more countries, rather than what happened in 2004 between the UK and Poland.

I can imagine the Bulgarians and Romanians will have a lot more affinity to places like Belgium & Germany than us, so we shouldn't see the same level of mass immigration.

But no one actually knows, we will just have to wait and see and find out afterwards...

Permabanned
This is a really bad idea. Sod all the "IT'S RACIST IF YOU DON'T LET PEOPLE IN" malarky, we should be realising the fact that our island simply cannot support a population increase of the current rate or higher. And this is coming from someone who's housemate is Polish. There is simply not enough room anymore. It's not racism, it's not being morally wrong, it's simple ****** logistics, and I fully expect to get shot down for this post.

Caporegime
The difference, so I believe, to this situation and the Polish one, is all EU Countries borders will be opening to Bulgaria & Romania at the same time, so the immigration will be spread across a lot more countries, rather than what happened in 2004 between the UK and Poland.

I can imagine the Bulgarians and Romanians will have a lot more affinity to places like Belgium & Germany than us, so we shouldn't see the same level of mass immigration.

But no one actually knows, we will just have to wait and see and find out afterwards...

Exactly the same arguments were made by the Labour government (and other No Borders loons) in order to not restrict Polish migrants to the UK. Such arguments were wrong then and they are wrong now, there's considerable evidence that many Bulgarians and Romanians are planning to come and work in the UK once they are entitled to. We also have an influx of migrants coming from Spain, France and Greece right now, which is all well and good but it's making it all adding to the competition for jobs, sooner or later something will snap.

Back
Top Bottom