Apple Customer Care

Associate
My 3GS has developed cracks around the dock connector...but given the age, i think i would be told where to go R.E a replacement!

Besides that, never had issues with them.

Soldato
nope, the T&Cs state they may contain refurbished parts, but typically you'll be hard presses to see any difference between an unsealed retail unit and a replacement device.

Varies. I've found it 50/50. One iPhone 4S replacement they unboxed had yellow (like, properly creamy yellow) gunk from somebody's ear jammed between the glass and plastic bezel around the top (the whole way across). Vile, and the previous owner must have had serious self-hygiene issues. Needless to say, I didn't accept it.

Soldato
Late 2008 15" MacBook Pro went into the Regent Centre Apple Store a month before Apple Care expired to get a logic board replacement (problems with screen flicker due to the native graphics chip) and comes home with the WiFi, BT, iSight broken and still with the original issue. Goes in a second time for a new display/top case (and hopefully all plugged in correctly this time) when a few days later they call and say they'd rather replace the whole machine for me. So there's me, happy as Larry, walking away with a brand new 2011 model :)

Soldato
imac screen replaced. not a full system replace.

the guy who served me said they only fix twice and then they replace. dont know how true that is though.

Soldato
imac screen replaced. not a full system replace.

the guy who served me said they only fix twice and then they replace. dont know how true that is though.

Not entirely true. In all fairness Apple did do this, however if I hadn't pushed CR to do something about this then I would likely have had another repair.

Apple are pretty good when it comes to replacements however. Sure, they didn't replace my machine with a new model when I asked them to (I was having tons of problems and spent most of the time without the machine than with it), however they are finally doing that now.

Associate
iMac late 2009 went in for repair and had a new

Screen
Main board
Power supply
Hard drive

But the screen came back with lots of backlight bleed so it went back, i then had a phone call to say they are changing my system for a new late 2012 iMac with this spec

Core i7 3.4GHz
GTX 680mx
8GB Ram
1TB fusion

Very happy with that

Back
Top Bottom