Kinesio Tape

Man of Honour
Everyones using it at the minute, its the 'IN' thing but theres absolutely no evidence it does any good at all (above placebo taping).

Pretty much.

I have some personal experience with the stuff, and although it was only used in the context of some physio rehab (I.e. to keep my shoulder pinned back), all I was left with was a nasty imprint on my skin (from a couple of months ago).

My brother swears by the stuff, but he is also a vegetarian, so what does he know? ;)

Soldato
A mate of mine does sports massages and he's been on a taping course. He seems to be taping up people right left and centre to get the practice in.

Anyway, I've been having a lot of knee trouble over the past 12 months and am starting to get to the end of my teather with it, so he came over and applied some tape last night. First run will be tonight, so we shall see how it goes. I must admit, I'm not feeling overly optimistic, but I thought it was worth a shot.

I will report back! :)

30.jpg

Man of Honour
I had it on my shoulder - but IMO it has to be done by a professional who knows what he's doing, as well as doing the correct rehab exercise to get the ultimate benefit of this.

Soldato
Well we'll see. I thought it'd feel tighter on my skin than it does. Can't really see how it can make that much of a difference to be honest. The bit up my quad feels quite tight, but the bits around my knee don't.

It'll be home, stretch, roller & ice whatever happens :)

I was about to mention the wearing of girly slippers till I realised who posted :o
;)

Soldato
Well it was the quickest training run I've done for almost a month, but not purposefully so. I wasn't looking at my watch and took the first mile deliberately slowly. I must have just felt good. A few twinges, but nothing major really. Now whether that's because I've rested it for a week or whether it's because of the tape, who knows.

I've stretched and given my quads, ITB, calves, glutes and TFL a good rollering followed by an ice pack. Normally it's the day after that I feel the real effect of my knee, so we'll see how it feels in the morning.

Fingers crossed!!!

Back
Top Bottom