How do you Have your Weetabix?

Soldato
solid, but sodden with ice cold milk about 3-4 bites per biscuit. 2 or 3 biscuits in a bowl per serving. sugar on top.

If eating warm -- method is to heat bowl of milk in microwave, then drop in the biscuits, leave for 30 secs to absorb. Eat in about 6 -8 spoonfuls.

Stirring it is for babies :)

Have porridge if you want it 'stirred'. :p

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Used to be with milk, in the microwave and then lashings of sugar. Now it's turned into cold milk.

When I was younger I used to eat Weetabix by putting some butter and marmalade on them! The thought now makes me cringe but I do remember liking them when I was a child!

Soldato
Cold milk + sugar.
Cold milk + a layer of honey.
sometimes warm milk With the above. Rarely though.

I like the milk to come halfway up. So there is a bit of crunch on the top.

If i have it with warm milk. I heat the milk separately. to preserve some crunch too.

Soldato
Cold milk, no sugar, eat it before it gets soggy.

Timing is everything, eat it too early and it's dry inside, thats no good. Leave it too late it's gone soggy, equally no good.

Same with every other breakfast cereal.

Last edited:
Associate
I haven't had a weetabix in YEARS :O

Omg, now I want one. I used to put my weetabix in the bowl, fill to halfway up the weetabix with milk and then put about 2 teaspoons of sugar all over the top of them. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Soldato
What a top quality thread ;)

I was bought some golden syrup weetabix by a well-meaning friend last month when I forgot how to eat... they are still in the cupboard and will be palmed off onto guests. I really don't like sugary breakfast cereals. Bizarre because I'd kill for a piece of toast smeared with honey.

Anyway, my preference is for 2 regular weetabix, no sugar, swimming in ice cold semi skimmed milk (given up on skimmed) and left for 5 mins to soak it up a bit so they go a bit mushy.

When I was little I used to microwave it until it was porridge like the OP. Bleurgh!!

Back
Top Bottom