***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Associate
I ordered mine at around 8pm Wednesday, and is due to be delivered today at some point. It's pretty poor form it's not a first in, first out system.

Soldato
Just checking through my order now; still not been debited.

Then I find out looking at it that whilst I have my new billing address down for some reason it's still got the old postcode. ARGH. Give them a call then I guess?

Associate
Mine's arrived but the wifi doesn't work properly. :(

It connects and I can use the internet for about 10 seconds and then it grinds to a halt (although I still have a good signal from the AP).

Update:

I can ping the phone, even when the phone can't connect to the internet. Weird!

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine's arrived but the wifi doesn't work properly. :(

It connects and I can use the internet for about 10 seconds and then it grinds to a halt (although I still have a good signal from the AP).

Update:

I can ping the phone, even when the phone can't connect to the internet. Weird!

Isn't there's a problem with wifi with a lot of these phones? I'm sure I read there is a fix. Read a fair few reports of it happening. Google brings up a lot of threads and discussions for the issue

Last edited:
Associate
Hurray its arrived now to jump into my car and go uptown to a local phone shop and get them to use a micro sim cutter on it since I forgot to sort that out.

Associate
Whats the BEST ROM for this?
Looking for something minimal and clean looking...

...when you install a new ROM does everything get wiped (and need to be setup again)?

I have tried a few and XYLON gets my vote. Paranoid Android is good too with the PIE controls but they have now been ported to XYLON too.

Both are the best I think as you can easily get rid of the nav and status bars and use the phone with its full 4.7 display using PIE controls instead of nav bars.

Paranoid is based on stock rom and XYLON has bits of the other roms that have been re written by devs like Cyanogen and AOKP etc.

Try those two for a start and take it from there.

To root first thing you need to do is unlock bootloader which wipes device. Best to do that first thing then it wont need to happen again unless you have to sell it factory fresh or send to repairs. Reversing it is easy also.

Look for nexus 4 toolkit in XDA.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom