How do you Have your Weetabix?

Man of Honour
Wholegrain Wheat (95%), Malted Barley Extract, Sugar, Salt, Niacin, Iron, Riboflavin (B2), Thiamin (B1), Folic Acid.

As I said though I don't eat cereals, and don't have a sweet tooth - but man, I can't fathom putting sugar on weetabix! :p

Man of Honour
My Sister used to warm her weetabix up and mix in 4-5 table spoons of golden syrup.

I don't always weetabix, but when I do I have them with milk and milk alone.

Soldato
I haven't eaten Weetabix for about 20 years, but when I did it was with cold milk and a huge pile of sugar on each one (.5cm layer on each one :eek:). I'd wait until they were soft but not quite falling apart, and then eat them. I guess that's one of the reasons my teeth aren't in great condition now :(.

Associate
Butter. No joke, nice think layer, not as bad as you think. Got it from my step dad.
Butter with sultaners/raisins on top.
Cold milk and sugar, eat quick before they get soggy.

Soldato
When I was younger I liked to put three in a bowl, covered with milk and then crushed and stirred them into a mushy paste, almost like oatmeal. With a generous sprinkling of sugar on top of course.

Not had them in a while, but nowadays I'd be more likely to have two in a bowl, covered with milk and no sugar, and eaten while still a little firm and crunchy.

Soldato
The way you said in the OP and also sometimes I have it cold and I too like it when it's still a bit crunchy rather than soggy.

Slightly off topic but me and a friend polished off a 24 pack one morning whilst hungover.

Man of Honour
Before my edification on food products and so on when I did buy refined foods weetabix would have to be with ice cold full fat milk, just enough to saturate it fully, but not enough for it to be soggy. It had to be crunchy!

Hmmm - I may have to let my fastidious food nazism subside for a day soon methinks! :D

Soldato
Before my edification on food products and so on when I did buy refined foods weetabix would have to be with ice cold full fat milk, just enough to saturate it fully, but not enough for it to be soggy. It had to be crunchy!

Hmmm - I may have to let my fastidious food nazism subside for a day soon methinks! :D
You can have some of mine when you visit next :p

Soldato
Lots of sugar (they're the only thing I have extra sugar with) and tons of cold milk. Let the milk soak in a bit and then stir into a soft mush. Don't like any crunch spoiling the soft, smooth experience. I only get the original Weetabix and NOT the organic. The organic never goes soft enough and always has little crunchy bits which makes me angry!

This, except I don't put sugar on them.

Really making an effort to eat breakfast every day at the mo as I'm dieting and it stops me eating crap in the staff room at breaktime. Alternating between weetabix and oatso simple (plain) each morning.

Last edited:
Soldato
Two weetabix, cold semi skimmed milk (must be properly cold, not taken out of the fridge and left on the table 10 minutes ago 'cold'). Eaten when still crunchy. Actually I quite like oatibix these days as it doesn't go soggy as quickly and stays nice and crunchy.
I was bought some golden syrup weetabix by a well-meaning friend last month when I forgot how to eat... they are still in the cupboard and will be palmed off onto guests.
If you ever attempt to palm them off on me I may just have to bitch slap you! :p

Back
Top Bottom