The "what's in your camera bag?" thread

Caporegime
There is no perfect bag its like womens handbags you need many :p

So true! How many do you have out of interest?

I have:

1 - Samsonite (fits 1 body and 2 lenses), this is my first bag
2 - Crumpler Geekstar (fits 2 bodies, 4 lenses and 2 flashes) my shoot bag.
3 - Crumpler Italian connection (2 bodies, 5 lenses and 2 flashes)
4 - Lowerpro single body/lens bag
5 - Thinktank Internation v2.0 (for flying/traveling)
6 - Peli 1560

Need to get rid of the Samsonite (free) and sell the Italian Connection.

Soldato
What I put in my bag depends on what I'm doing, I've got a couple of smaller bags that I stick film kit in, a larger bag that'll go from having a single camera and a couple of lenses to cramming all I have in it for a wedding! The film stuff has been neglected for a while, I need to start using it again now I've sold the X100. If I've got time over the weekend I'll take some pics.

More often than not if shooting for myself I'll just take the one camera with lens attached on a quickstrap with maybe an additional prime in a pocket and that's it.

Associate
This is what I carry around with me,
photo.jpg

D700 & Grip
24-70 f2.8
50mm f1.4
105mm VR Micro
SB-910

Pretty lame to what some guys have got but i'm very happy with it all :)

a few odds & sods.

Bag is heavy after an hour or two carrying it around.

Will need to add the rest of the trinity lenses in there at some point with D800 but buying new motorcycle has rendered me skint for now!

Associate
I noticed that most of you use Yongnuo flash, are they really that good for that cheap price? Tempted to get a decent flash for home indoor use of dogs, my 2yr old son and his model airplanes.

Soldato
So true! How many do you have out of interest?

I have:

1 - Samsonite (fits 1 body and 2 lenses), this is my first bag
2 - Crumpler Geekstar (fits 2 bodies, 4 lenses and 2 flashes) my shoot bag.
3 - Crumpler Italian connection (2 bodies, 5 lenses and 2 flashes)
4 - Lowerpro single body/lens bag
5 - Thinktank Internation v2.0 (for flying/traveling)
6 - Peli 1560

Need to get rid of the Samsonite (free) and sell the Italian Connection.

1560, Lowepro Lenstrekker 600 AW II (epic bag, carries the 1dx + fully hooded 400mm and a tc will take shots later of it as it is ridicilous in size, lowepro aw 400 something, another lowepro 300, a nice pouch for the 400mm Andrew kindly donated which I put the 400 in for safe storage at home, the 400c for the 400 which I never use, because of 2 reasons, I don't like packing the 400 with hood reversed and it's too damn nice looking I don't want to scratch it)

need to get a decent messenger bag as the backpacks are all a bit geeky, and need a nicer looking backpack!

Want to get another Peli as well, maybe two, a smaller one for travel (maybe 1510?) and maybe an absolutely epic one for the 400 so I can take it abroad in hold (another 1560 may be suitable)

Last edited:
Associate
Kata 3n1-30

Nikon D3s
Nikkor 14/24/70/200 vrII 2.8's
Nikkor 85 1.4D
Nikkor 105 2.8 micro

2 x Sb 910
1 x Sb 900

5 Sandisk Ducati CF cards

Benro Tripod

Associate
I realise I'm a bit late with posting this but thought I would anyway :)

I have recently got into photography so I'm slowly assembling my kit but I'm loving it so far. Great to get out and just observe and take pictures of things.

Here is my bag:

photo_zps8f2ad5a9.jpg

Its a Billingham f/Stop 1.4 and its fantastic! Very comfortable for long days out and about with the camera and is nice and discrete.

Here is the contents:

photo-1_zps297f96be.jpg

Nikon D5100
Nikon 18-55
Nikon 55-200
Nikon 35 f1.4
Peak Design Leash & Cuff (I spent a long time researching straps and I'm really glad I went with these)
Gorillapod DSLR Zoom (this thing is awesome!!)
Hama Lens Pen & Lens microfibre cloth
2 x 16GB SD cards

Hopefully more people can post whats in their camera bags as I'm always curious to see what people carry around with them.

James

Last edited:
Soldato
Ooh, currently abroad at the moment, so can't upload any pictures, but given that I'm on holiday it seems a great time to see what I have:

Canon 6D
Spare battery for 6D
Charger for batteries
Sigma 50 1.4
Canon 24-105 f4L
Canon 100-400L
Canon 430EXii
Gorilla Pod for DSLR's with ball head
A 77mm CP filter (one for all 3 lenses as they're all 77mm and I don't use CP that much)
Lens cleaner cloth
4 x 32Gb SD cards

Think that's all I've got in the bag (A Kata 25nl or something), I do have a set of cokin grad filters and a larger old tripod, but didn't want nor feel the need for them on holiday. The setup above means I can go out and take shots of anything I want. Although, I tend to just take body + lens each day, and just carry it around by hand with bag staying at base. I rarely need more than one lens for the situation, so just take out the stuff for that days situation. Today I went to the zoo. Make sure battery is fully charged and decent space on card. Take 6D + 100-400L. Sorted.

kd

Soldato
I need to clean my bag as I spilled tea on it. I won't say what the sweetener in tea looks like on a black bag when it dries :D

Anyway, I've got a few bags which I can't remember the name of other than the shoulder bag I currently use, which is the Lowpro event messenger 150 http://www.lowepro.com/eventmessenger - annoyingly it's not quite big enough, and the version above it seems to be bigger in the wrong way, oddly.

Gear wise, (dunno why, I don't like posting what gear I have much, but hey ho):

5dmk3
battery grip
x2 canon batteries (need to buy two more. Totally forgot about that)
32gb & 16gb sandisk 30mb/s extreme cards (seem fine so I use 'em :D)
Canon 100L
Canon 85L
Canon 35L
Canon 70-200 F4L (non IS)
Sigma 12-24
Sigma 50 1.4

Canon 600EX flash doobry ferkin

Lee big stopper and mount gubbins
The usual lens pens, fibre cloths, etc.

Other stuff on long term loan to my sister and dad:

Canon 300D
Canon 30D
Canon 60D

Sigma 70-300
Canon nifty fifty
Sigma 105 (non OS)
The old Canon kit lens 18-50 is it? I can't remember!

There's other bits n bobs, but I'm going to bed as I'm shattered and can't be bothered digging through my bags :D I can't be bothered mentioning the tripod as it's poop. I never get around to replacing it, although I've got the stuff MrK has bought recently in my payday folder, so may get that sorted before the year is out :D

Back
Top Bottom