Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
that's because they want you to sign up and pay. once you've signed up all the good potential will all of a sudden have disappeared and you'll be left emailing not so good girls who don't pay any way so can't read your messages

Really?

My current gf is from Match and before that I had a fair few dates with girls from Match. I had far more luck there than on any free sites and thought it was worth the subscription.

Soldato
I had the same experience with match a few years back where you would sign up, send email and get no reply because the women hadn't paid , so even if they wanted to reply, they couldn't, they really need a way to let you know who can actually respond.

Soldato
Getting sick of talking to someone, then meeting them and they look completely different to their pictures (usually about 5 stone heavier) not being funny, but why use out dated photos it just makes no sense.
When I sign up for online dating again I think I might use my old fat pics and see what kind of responses I get :D

Soldato
Really?

My current gf is from Match and before that I had a fair few dates with girls from Match. I had far more luck there than on any free sites and thought it was worth the subscription.

Don't tell them the virtues of Match. Let everyone bask in their ignorance of March being a rip off while I get date after date, all from Match.

It's the best one out there by miles and miles.

Associate
So I did take the plunge and sign up to Match for a month. I'm not too sure it's for me, but I'll give it my best shot. What's the best way to approach someone? I did see someone who looked amazing (i.e. probably out of my league :D), so I clicked the 'interested' button and sent her a brief, light hearted message. No reply yet :D

Soldato
Don't tell them the virtues of Match. Let everyone bask in their ignorance of March being a rip off while I get date after date, all from Match.

It's the best one out there by miles and miles.

Not for me. 7 dates from POF. 0 from Match. Pretty much zero conversations too.

Regulus what's the crack with people who haven't paid, can you tell who's who now?

Nope.

Soldato
So I did take the plunge and sign up to Match for a month. I'm not too sure it's for me, but I'll give it my best shot. What's the best way to approach someone? I did see someone who looked amazing (i.e. probably out of my league :D), so I clicked the 'interested' button and sent her a brief, light hearted message. No reply yet :D

When I used Match I found that just leaving my browser open on the match.com homepage (logged in) seemed to work well in attracting attention. I guess it's from girls browsing the "Online Now" members.

Soldato
Plenty of sick people?! I wasn't *that* bad :eek: :mad:

Well, that was Harsh! :eek:

I actually don't mind McD's :D :o

I haven't had McDonald's for years, I always feel hungry about 5 minutes after I finish the "meal". I'm sure there's more nutrition in the packaging. :p

BTW MisChief, I read this yesterday and it raised an eyebrow. Perhaps one of the fine chaps on OcUK might offer their services if you're getting grief ;) :p (is that story just an exaggeration?)

Caporegime
Well, bit of a weird one with the girl I was initially crazy about. Seems like when you get below the surface of the initial excitement that there's not a great amount of chemistry... everything just feels a bit flat and passionless. I'll go on a couple more dates to see if it's maybe something that can be worked out, as she says she does like me, but it's definitely not a feeling that I'm used to with previous exes. Sad to say it, but I could be casting the line back out soon...

Soldato
BTW MisChief, I read this yesterday and it raised an eyebrow. Perhaps one of the fine chaps on OcUK might offer their services if you're getting grief ;) :p (is that story just an exaggeration?)
LOL :D So are you one of these fine chaps? ;)
I think it is exaggerated a little.. Although I can't really speak for other Chinese people as my family aren't all that traditional, but my nan did ask me the other day why I haven't found a boyfriend yet :o Will be meeting lots of relatives on Tuesday and Wednesday so they might ask why I'm not married yet....

Come to New Zealand! They make McD's fresh when you order it! None of this sitting in a large tray sweaty burger stuff. It's still tastes the same, but at least you get the illusion of freshness haha.
I'm sure that if I go to McD's at 3am here then the burgers will be fresh! Hmm maybe that's what I'll do, arrange a date for 3am at McD's :D

Soldato
I'm sure that if I go to McD's at 3am here then the burgers will be fresh! Hmm maybe that's what I'll do, arrange a date for 3am at McD's :D

You may laugh, but you should see the local MC'D drive through at 2am... People queuing up slumped over in their pretend cars! Burger Fuel is heaps better though... Kumara fries are something I will definitely miss if I ever move back to the UK!

Soldato
You may laugh, but you should see the local MC'D drive through at 2am... People queuing up slumped over in their pretend cars! Burger Fuel is heaps better though... Kumara fries are something I will definitely miss if I ever move back to the UK!
I get a bit scared going to my local McD's drive thru late at night as there are always chavs hanging about...

Burger fuel... Kumara fries... What?!!? :p
India do peri peri fries... Omg.. They are sooooo yum!!!!!! :o

Anyway.. Back to online dating!
I don't think I'll be using POF again.. What site shall I try next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom