The High-Res Screenshot Thread!

Associate
I have Steam on my C:\ SSD.

Today I went to install a new game and for the first time, that Ive noticed, it allowed me the option to install to a different drive/directory.

Amazing.

Soldato
I have Steam on my C:\ SSD.

Today I went to install a new game and for the first time, that Ive noticed, it allowed me the option to install to a different drive/directory.

Amazing.

Just noticed that too.

I scrapped the J link idea and just re-installed Steam to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam (because i would have to link all the gfc files and there are quite a few)

I then moved the steamapps folder to C drive

Is there a way you can change the location of games through steam? (like how you can set the install location)

Just installing Source SDK and then SDK Base 2007.

**This is more a challenge, I probably wont even play HL2 with the cinematic mod when its working :rolleyes: **

Soldato
Finally got Cinematic mod working (at the cost of it eating almost 50gb of my SSD)

nk2QO.jpg

s6HtK.jpg

VsZc2.jpg

oSi1W.jpg

anQHg.jpg

Soldato
Massive learning curve, it's a proper flight sim with AFM. You won't get anywhere without
a) the manual
b) fan made youtube tutorials
c) the official forum, more than anything

I was scared of this.

I booted it up the other week, couldn't even start the freaking engine and I was pressing every damn button there was. :/

I was planning on printing out the controls, hoping some kind person has some decent quick start guides.

Soldato
I was scared of this.

I booted it up the other week, couldn't even start the freaking engine and I was pressing every damn button there was. :/

I was planning on printing out the controls, hoping some kind person has some decent quick start guides.

Games like this make older games look easy. I remember thinking how hard Gunship 2000 was on Amiga. You had a paper thing with controls on to go over the keyboard...

Now with games like Lock on modern air combat, you have to press something like ctrl & alt & E to start the engine then shift & ctrl and something else to start increasing thrust!

I tried the demo and after a minute I got shot down and it said 'left engine fire, right engine fire, eos failure, lmpw failure, tsuw failure... ' then I gave up

Associate
Ahh it's not that bad, cold start takes about 5 minutes once you start doing it manually and turn the EGI on asap, you will always sit waiting for that to align, while that is happening you are busy setting up the rest of the cockpit or going over the mission on the map display (TAD).

Basic stuff like navigation, taxi, takeoff, handling, landing is not to bad. Using guns and rockets is fairly simple. The hardest part comes when you throw in bombs, maverick, managing targets and the sensor point of interest effectively and everything else into the mix, learning how to do it all and do it well in a mission is the hard part. Just concentrate on one thing at a time and nail it, then build up your knowledge.

Caporegime
Kicking myself for not getting into that Pcars, looks immense, i swear some of them are almost real looking.

the joys of sweet fx and lots of AA :D

Some people post pretty crazy .png screenshots but they are kinda big to post here :(
like these
pcars2013020318225067.png

pcars2013020518295642.png

pcars2013021100512292.png

Different times of day look better than others though the really bright sunny lighting times look kinda crap, the sunset/evening ones look the best imo

lighting is real time btw if you didn't know :D you can speed it up to 360x speed etc and set the time to whatever hour of the day you like best.

some people made some cool gifs of the day cycle in action
pcarsfog_34rr0h.gif

pcarsgif_33wx6s.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom