iPhone 5, drops signal, No Service...

Associate
Have this on my iPhone 4 with O2 network.

The signal will be 2 bars and then cut down to 0 with 'Call Failure' reported on screen.

Reboot it, and it's fine for a while, then it starts all over again.

Don't know whether it's iPhone or O2 .. but it's annoying as hell.

Soldato
I don't get signal drop outs, but I do get the problem where it doesn't reconnect to the network after losing signal. It can be very annoying if I don't notice it. I hope Apple fixes this at 6.1.

Associate
I dont really have any problems with 'No Service' but sometimes my network provider is displayed as '0000-00'. It still works fine but just looks a bit odd on the screen.

Soldato
I don't get signal drop outs, but I do get the problem where it doesn't reconnect to the network after losing signal. It can be very annoying if I don't notice it. I hope Apple fixes this at 6.1.

Same here. If mine drops to No Service it won't auto-reconnect unless I do airplane mode on-off.

Soldato
I dont really have any problems with 'No Service' but sometimes my network provider is displayed as '0000-00'. It still works fine but just looks a bit odd on the screen.

This started happening to me two days ago. However, both times it has been in the same area, so I assume there's something wrong with the mast there.

Are you on EE?

Xee

Xee

Associate
Having the same issue, if I go in a lift or no signal area, I can 'sometimes' be left with no service for long periods of time (and not notice). Even if I'm now in an area with full bars signal strength. Airplane mode on/off restores service and shows this. I just recently went a whole day not receiving calls - these people thought I was ignoring them :(

Don't think they were 100% convinced that my uber cool iPhone 5 would have a fault like that either when I tried to explain... when is 6.1 update or whatever coming to fix this?

Associate
OP
Today and yesterday have been terrible!

My iPhone is now constantly dropping to No Service, and when the "signal" returns on the phone, it's not actually there! Incoming calls go straight to answer phone, and if I try to call out or use data, the signal immediately drops to 1 bar, then No Service.

Off and on makes no difference.

Other phones in the 3 store (Bristol centre) were all 5 bars full signal and working fine whilst mine was out of service.

It's either something to do with the way the network allows the phone any service, or the phone itself. Got a new SIM on the way. Going to restore the phone through iTunes.

Reluctant to swap the phone as it seems more software/network related than a hardware problem.

Soldato
I get this on and off the tube on my iPhone 5 on EE.

Tried resetting network settings etc, didn't seem to help. The only thing that has helped a little is changing the carrier from automatic to manual.

Associate
I'm also having problems with my iPhone, it says it has service but when I attempt to call anyone it doesn't make any noise through the ear speaker then after about 20 seconds says 'call failed' it's quite a regular occurrence too!

Back
Top Bottom