Aliens : Colonial Marines - FPS ( They're back ! )

Associate
Tried that, tried uninstalling and redownloading, tried Verifying...still same error :( I don't know what else I can do.

Delet your appcache folder while logged out of steam ( The first folder in the steam folder) this will auto update when you log back in.

ACM will then update and the game will load.

Also loving the game so far - yes it needs polish but its not as bad as people are making out - maybe im just old shcool being in my 40's but this game is pretty good.

Last edited:
Associate
Lol!!

This game is mostly crap.....mostly.

Lifted from Gamespot

lol!

But I am now also sad :( FFS Gearbox. WTF happened? Too much time spent on PR, video previews and waching Aliens before stating "I've been a fan of the franchise for years and it has been my dream to create the perfect Aliens game"... gah. Suppose it's time to wait for more reviews and patches before going anywhere near this.

DS3 on the other hand... more of the same but great! Love Dead Space.

Caporegime
This is gearbox right? The guys who gave the worst version possible of borderlands which is a game made fun by coop really, then released borderlands 2 which did **** all new although a slightly better pc port.
They did DNF? Hardly surprising

Soldato
but Gearbox just is not talented studio. Borderlands was boring, so is this. Although back when they made Half Life Opposing Force, some talented people had to be there back then.

Gearbox only made the MP section of this game, an other studio made everything else.

I still can't register my Key from GMG to Steam. :mad:

On the other hand! The game has already been cracked and that's working. ;)

Associate
Thats abit harsh Purdy.

Both Borderlands were good solid games that sold well and you can't put all the blame on Gearbox for DNF as they just pulled it together and released what 3D realms had failed to produce over 12 years.

As for ACM I never really felt there was much of market for it and smacks of a publisher with a licence burning a hole in its pocket trying to make some money out of it.

Caporegime
Gearbox only made the MP section of this game, an other studio made everything else.

I still can't register my Key from GMG to Steam. :mad:

On the other hand! The game has already been cracked and that's working. ;)

I've read that the cd keys are mixed up. The 'main' key is actually on the limited edition extras card and vice versa. Try the key on the card rather than the manual.

Associate
This is gearbox right? The guys who gave the worst version possible of borderlands which is a game made fun by coop really, then released borderlands 2 which did **** all new although a slightly better pc port.
They did DNF? Hardly surprising

Borderlands was an awesome game :cool: I have 200+ hours on that.

Associate
People in reviews saying the aliens are weak in MP, well i was just watching a streamer and he was rapeing with the spitter alien, i think 9 kills in a row! The bad thing that i saw was the alien animations seem not so good.

Soldato
Gearbox also didn't work on the SP side of games it was another studio who made Section 8: Prejudice (TimeGate Studios). Gearbox said their team focused mainly on the MP but it is surprising it has turned out critically as bad as it has.

But I also wonder if some critics opinions might be a bit overly harsh as they were expecting a AAA title with the Alien franchise which I mean we should all be with the marketing and development time it has had. But from the demos, trailers and such I've seen in the past I was already expecting this to be an average game. It seems like it might not even make up that with the boring shooting mechanics and lacking the feel of actually fighting against aliens.

Back
Top Bottom