If you dont like the smell of something you wont like the taste of it.

int

int

Soldato
+1 for mince beef. Can't stand the smell, so I don't cook with it, but I'm happy to eat it if it's already been cooked!

Soldato
I haven't read the whole thread, but if you don't like the smell of something, why would you put it in your mouth?

With mince, it only smells bad when you're cooking it, but when it's cooked it smells fantastic.

Saying that, I'm not sure I'll have any mince for a while until we find out just how deep the horsemeat scandal goes :p

Associate
Been 100% true for me, noticed that a few years ago.

btw, some of those saying False are giving examples of the opposite. :p

Soldato
When fresh, fish doesn't smell 'fishy' (largely speaking) and will only smell of anything if you held it up to your face to take a sniff.

This, when I lived in Sweden one of the first thing I noticed was the distinct lack of any smells in their shops with fish counters. I learned two things that day, how fresh fish don't smell and how un-fresh British fish counters must be as up to that point I'd always associated them with a horrendous pong.

Soldato
FALSE.
Example: Friend was utterly convinced he wouldn't like Supermalt because of the way it smelt (He used the smell=taste argument).
After being a complete drama queen and psyching himself up to take a sip, he found that he liked it and henceforth stfu.

Back
Top Bottom