Summer Sun, but where?!?!?!?!

Soldato
My bird and I want to go and get some summer sun around May/June but we can't think where on earth to go!

I'm not into lying around on a beach all day, one day out of seven would be fine for me but she's a wee bit more into that.
I'm into culture, local food and great architecture.
We're both into drink, so somewhere with a decent (but classy) nightlife is essential.
Also decent food, with an emphasis on sea food would be a great plus.
7 days would suffice, and we'd ideally like to fly from Edinburgh/Glasgow/Prestwick but I could always head to Birmingham/Manchester way.
Budget? Pretty variable. But would like to keep it sub £750 each for around 7 days. I'm not after a fancy 5 star hotel, we'd prefer to spend less on a room and have more spending money.

So, where would folk suggest?

Soldato
Scotland. Awesome beaches, no drugs and classy people.

Or..

Spain.

Hmm..tough choice.

Worth remembering Scotland was CNN's destination of the year for 2013 and Michael Palin said out of everywhere he's been the West coast of Scotland is his all time favourite place to go...

Soldato
Rhodes Town. Lovely place.
Old town - UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Plenty of places to eat & drink.
Tonnes of things to do, especially if you hire a car and drive all over the island.
Only downside is that there are no beaches in Rhodes town, but if you hire a scooter you can easily reach one.

Permabanned
Worth remembering Scotland was CNN's destination of the year for 2013 and Michael Palin said out of everywhere he's been the West coast of Scotland is his all time favourite place to go...

Im only playing :p

Scotland makes my top 3 for places to move to one day. Highlands mind, would give the cities a miss.

Soldato
OP
I went to Barcelona last year so that's out. Will look into Greece and the amalfi coast looks great but concerned there wouldn't quite be enough to keep us occupied.

Cheers.

Associate
Alicante, but I'm bias, but you can fly direct from Glasgow and Edinburgh plus the airport is just 10 mins from the City Centre and the City Centre is a 10 min walk from the beach as well as the Barrio area where all the local bars and restaurants are!! Plus your close enough to places like Valencia, Murica etc for awesome day trips.

Associate
Alicante, but I'm bias, but you can fly direct from Glasgow and Edinburgh plus the airport is just 10 mins from the City Centre and the City Centre is a 10 min walk from the beach as well as the Barrio area where all the local bars and restaurants are!! Plus your close enough to places like Valencia, Murica etc for awesome day trips.

This is a good shout there's loads of nice places to visit around there.

As already suggested a cruise might also be worth looking into as you obviously visit various different places and all the trips are well organised and easy to book onto. Plenty of food and drink to be had at night etc aswell :p

Back
Top Bottom