Aliens : Colonial Marines - FPS ( They're back ! )

Soldato
To be fair Gearbox had a lot on their plate and I'm sure their priority was to ship Borderlands 2 first and well. Sega were applying pressure to release and possibly wouldn't push the release back any further. I wouldn't be surprised if GB went to Sega and said 'its not ready' and Sega said 'if it plays, ship it' and GB had no choice.

At least you don't see them ******* each other over for a goddamn percentage ;)

Associate
has anybody managed to find where the controls configuration file is? I can't even give this game a go because the mouse sensitivity on the lowest setting is still too high for my liking.

Soldato
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...olonial-marines-although-other-studios-helped

Duno if its been posted, i dont think it has yet. So figured id post it for u all.

what happened to that awesome looking game?

this just highlights how much that this game has went pear shaped.

played it for a 1/2 hour today after borrowing a copy thoroughly disappointed and was promptly removed. was so looking forward to this, and after the horror stories I didn't buy it thankfully

Soldato
I just finished the entire campaign online through Coop with 3-4 guys which took about 2-3 hours by skipping the movies.

I had a lot of fun, I love killing Aliens and blasting them apart with my Pulse Rifle, love hearing the gunfire as it tears them apart through my 7.1 speaker system.

I don't often give reviews on games, but I don't think this is really a "bad game" it's pretty much a generic FPS horror that you would expect to had played in the mid 2000's around when Doom 3 was released. It's very easy to compare this game to Doom 3 too, I feel how how the missions play out and how the game looks is pretty much the same as Doom 3, graphics wise for sure, the gameplay is pretty much the same too.

I don't think this game gives justice to the Aliens world, I feel that AVP2010 was better in many aspects. The Marine campaign was better in that game and I was more honestly scared or better to say.. worried about being attacked by Aliens then in this game where they don't scare me or am not really worried about them. That's not to say, this version didn't give me many "jumps" when playing and had my heart racing at times, but for pure horror and scary, AVP2010 wins.

Aliens vs Predator 2 had a more "horror" feel to it, you honestly felt more alone and screwed in that game then this one.

The story could had been better, a lot of things could had been better and there are some annoying bugs and problems for one that really annoys me is that soon as a joystick is plugged in, the game thinks you are a xbox. Secondly, since I play many Japanese games I have to set my system local to Japanese. Doing this makes "this" game crash. My friend uninstalled this because he was fed up with the crashing and rebooting between setting the local from UK to Japanese.

but I can honestly say, am really enjoying this game, coop online is fun and I hope there be more coop style games coming in DLC's later on. Now, I just need to try my hand at MP and watch all the movie clips on Youtube because we skipped them when playing.

Last edited:
Associate

This here should be completely illegal. The fact they had a complete embargo on Reviews, demos or game play footage way up to when the game came out meant that the only reference people had for wanting to buy this game was the E3 footage which turned out to be completely false. A 1st world travesty if i ever did see one. Massively and undeniably falsely advertised.

Very very glad I didnt pre order, which is a shame as I absolutely love the Alien franchise and have done since I was 8 and watched the first film. If there was a film franchise that could make the perfect FPS it would be Alien, however I now feel that after this disaster the chances of publishers/devs ever throwing money at another Alien game are zilch. Such a waste and shame.

The sad thing is Im still tempted to throw money at it as I love the Alien franchise that much, However at the same time I refuse to give money to Sega/Gearbox for massively misleading there consumers. As in essence if you do your saying you support this strategy and it will become all the more common in the future which just is not on in my opinion!

PS for those looking for the best albeit dated Alien game go for AVP 2, loved that as a kid. That first marine mission is still burned into my memory :)

Last edited:
Soldato
http://kotaku.com/5984068/how-aliens-colonial-marines-fell-apart

Not a huge amount of new info but kotaku seem to have another source telling them similar stories to the reddit dev or assumed dev was saying.

This game imo feels like it has released a beta or somit which is similar to sword of the stars 2 did and they took ages to sort it out with absolutly loads of patches and the likes. Least the devs of sots2 did try to get the game polished after it was released. Lets hope GBX do something similar if they admit that they released a half made game.

Associate

Wow. Just wow. I simply cannot believe that Demo is the "same game" as the one I'm so bitterly disappointed by. What the hell happened?! I sincerely hope somebody from Gearbox has the courage to speak up about what's happened with this game. It's a complete let down and I honestly believed AVP2010 would easily be surpassed, another game I was somewhat disappointed by, but nope... Aliens: CM really takes the cake in the "it really sucks" department.

I (and probably ANY fan of Aliens) could've wrote a better script for this game to follow, and Sega should've known better than to ship this game when it looked absolutely nothing like the Demo they threw around. Argh... so disappointed.

Soldato
Still can't get the game to work though i did redeem season pass key too before installing it hope that didn't ruin anything but anyway a game shouldn't be so messed up on release of this franchise.

Associate
Associate
I have to admit i'm enjoying playing through the single player campaign.

Its not GREAT, gfx are patchy, but I am enjoying it. I'd say its OK. Pretty average.

Am i dissapointed? A little, but its a game, and its fun IMO.

One for the Aliens fan only maybe. They will get thet the little extras, and like the story aspects.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom