Aliens : Colonial Marines - FPS ( They're back ! )

Associate
SweetFX doesn't make that much difference. It just makes it darker and some of the light sources look different. The darker things are the less you see and the less you see the better the game looks lol... still better than nothing though.

Ok so I was just playing Aliens vs Predator again and it is by far the superior game so far. I just hope A:CM is patched relentlessy over the next month or so and perhaps the modding community will sort it out.

Still not buying.

Soldato
There's no shortage of people who picked it up before release, cos, you know, OMG HYPE!

True.

But you also have to add to that, there's allot of people who like me are huge fans of the Alien movies and have been waiting for years for this game and world buy it because it adds to their collection.

I bought the game for £20 and the season pass for £13.50 and tbh I now wished I'd waited for the almost certain digital deluxe/complete edition for £4.99 on steam which as it stands is about the right price!

I've learnt my lesson and will never pre-order again without reviews or a playable demo/beta

Soldato
Why pre-order anyway? i haven't for years its not like they are gonna run out of a digital download.

3 reasons for me.

1 - was always going to get the game (big Alien fan)

2 - £20 and £13.50 seemed (at the time) great prices that might not last.

3 - wanted to play on release day.

Soldato
An interesting little comparsion between the "gameplay" trailer and the release game.

Personally I'm...shocked, I can really see why they had a review embargo now, basically they lied to everyone, fabricated a gameplay demo to entice both customers and the press and then released the botched piece of garbage (in comparison) they had actually made without anyone being able to have a real idea of what they were buying.

At least when you buy a DRM riddled Ubisoft game or some EA moneygrabber you generally know what you are getting, they don't actually LIE to your face about what the game is like.

Now you may like and enjoy the game and if so, that is fine by me. However even so, you should not stand for this ****.

edit: After a bit of googling, it looks like Gearbox have said that SEGA actually outsourced the majority of the games development to TimeGate Studios. SEGA are denying the whole thing but honestly I trust gearbox a hell of a lot more.

Last edited:
Soldato
LOL SORRY WHAT?!?!

Ok there are exceptions, however are you trying to say that because someone else did it it's OK? Because if you are I won't be listening to your opinion on anything ever. Also there is absolutely no comparison between that and A:CM.

Wow how come that never got so much hate, that is shocking as well.

Probably because Farcry 3 was actually a good game, most reviews placed it in the best of 2012. The Farcry 3 demo may have looked different, and it did, however the game behind it was basically exactly the same.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wow! Thank god I didn't buy fc 3 either :mad:

Sick of these companies, just lie and lie. Deserve to go bankrupt.

False advertising as usual, people should have a right to get their money back when these so called developers do that. Dice/EA were just as bad with BF 3 as well, they never truly answered questions, saying things like biggest maps ever, PC is the lead platform, commo rose, will never charge for DLC etc. etc., at least they didn't make the game look better in their trailers/gameplay videos before release though or did they........

This is why I never pre-order games or buy anything (unless I am 100% certain that I will be getting it no matter what)

Soldato
Wow! Thank god I didn't buy fc 3 either :mad:

Yeah, FC3 was actually a good game and if you haven't played it you're missing out, also EA didn't have a review embargo up until the games release. No one bought the game without the ability to know exactly what they were getting, there were video reviews out nearly 2 weeks before its release.

Another point in it's favour is every other trailer (including it's E3 2012 trailer) depict actual game play footage.

Anyway this thread isn't about FC3, so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think I've ever pre-ordered a game, or if I did, stuck to it. I always wait for what the general consensus is from people playing the actual game, before buying it. Reviews have an influence sure, but I always prefer to find out from other people, and maybe a few gameplay videos on youtube too.

I'll wait until this is £5 or less and then maybe give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom