Moving to Canada for 12 months - IEC Working Holiday Visa

Associate
Just been reading through the thread, and I wish you all the best ScarySquirrel, it's going to be one hell of a move and life changer, and I bet you can't wait to go.

All the best to all the others who are moving / applying.

Edit: Does someone have the link for where you apply please?

Last edited:
Associate
Submitted Part 1...

OH THE NERVES!

I've done the same! Have you had anything through about payment? It said it'd send us a message telling me how to pay the fee, but I've had nothing. I've got my World Tracking Number.

Application Status is Submitted, Participation Fees and Proof of Payment is Pending, it's all just a bit vague and woolly. How are other people getting on with it?

Never mind, got a message now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just submitted my application online! A bit nervous though... As with FosterK, I was also a little confused regarding additional documents such as my CV and the participation fee...

I assume they'll look over my application, and then send me the details on where to send the money and my CV I guess...

Also I just took a picture of my passport instead of a scan... Reckon that'll be okay?

Soldato
OP
Soldato
I submitted the Payment (took 30-40min to come through) - problem was LTSB Online didn't accept the SWIFT Number (assume because its a UK Acc you pay to) so I did it as a transfer, hoping it is ok.

My mate who is coming with me was at work and I didn't have his P/P info to apply for him so he has missed out on this first batch, going to pick him up Sunday and get everything scanned and ready to 25th Feb we can be bang on it for him!

Flights for April 3rd to USA Already booked; so need to get cracking!

Soldato
I've got my application in, and including passport info - however I haven't paid yet. Does this meant that I'm "in", so to speak?

I think the next step is getting the WTN Code - that means you are "in" pending payment information - I've got mine, paid and sent the confirmation so waiting for them to process.

A lot of people are waiting for their email about payment though, not sure they expected 1000 to go in 3-4hours XD

:p

Soldato
I think the next step is getting the WTN Code - that means you are "in" pending payment information - I've got mine, paid and sent the confirmation so waiting for them to process.

A lot of people are waiting for their email about payment though, not sure they expected 1000 to go in 3-4hours XD

I have my application submitted - Is the next step they will email me with details to pay them? Also any information on how and when I need to hand over my CV?

Soldato
I have my application submitted - Is the next step they will email me with details to pay them? Also any information on how and when I need to hand over my CV?

I think CV is the stage after; the next step is you will get an e-mail to check the "My Messages" section which will have a pdf file with instructions to pay £100 to a Canadian High Commission (a UK Barclays Account) and then upload proof of payment (i did a screenshot of my internet banking)

Then wait for them to confirm, that's where I am.

Associate
I'm still on the Application Receipt Confirmation page waiting for the notice of receipt in my messages. Quota is down to 0 now though, so don't expect I'll be in this rounds quota.

Soldato

Yep, I've received the message/PDF with my WTN number - sending payment later on. Awesome, it all gets real now!

Soldato
I think CV is the stage after; the next step is you will get an e-mail to check the "My Messages" section which will have a pdf file with instructions to pay £100 to a Canadian High Commission (a UK Barclays Account) and then upload proof of payment (i did a screenshot of my internet banking)

Then wait for them to confirm, that's where I am.

I sent my CV to them via the My Messages part - they instruct you to if your previous work experience has more than 3 entries.

Soldato
What part of Canada you looking at going to?

The plan at the moment is Vancouver, as that seems ideal for both of us, (My girlfriend's applying too, has everything uploaded to hit the button on the 25th). However we're going to research other places too, no harm :)

If there are a good few of us out in Vancouver next year then we'll have to arrange a meet :)

Soldato
The plan at the moment is Vancouver, as that seems ideal for both of us, (My girlfriend's applying too, has everything uploaded to hit the button on the 25th). However we're going to research other places too, no harm :)

If there are a good few of us out in Vancouver next year then we'll have to arrange a meet :)

ScarySquirrel is heading that way I believe, I am actually starting in Toronto and see how I fare :)

Back
Top Bottom