New Mail App

Soldato
Hey all,

Ever since I got the iPhone, I've used the default email app. It's been great and done everything I've wanted to do - however, recently I've been having to email on the go a little more than normal, and could do with a few more features...

When I've finished on a job that needs parts (I'm an electrician), I email in what is required with all the details on the machine etc. So everytime I email, I write the exact same thing. So I was wondering if there was a mail app that supports templates? That way I could just select the template, enter the details and fire off the email instead of having to type it all out.

I'm also jailbroken, so it'd be even better if it was just a jailbreak tweak to the default email app!

As a side note: It must support GMail :)

Thanks,
Marky

Associate
I know it's pretty much dead in the water, other than bug fixes, but Sparrow would probably do a cracking job of what you're after.

You could have a secondary account setup with your template set in the account's signature?

Also, Sparrow+ from Cydia and you can make it your default mail app as well.

Pretty much what I'm doing with multiple accounts and the unified inbox. Plus, swiping up and down to move between messages was the killer for me over mail.app

Associate
Lordy, hope I got in early!

EDIT: downloaded the app and entered my reservation code.... only 152,093 people in front of me and 182,350 behind.... might take a wee while before I can start using it!

EDIT 2: Marky, based on the reviews of Mailbox, I think Sparrow _may_ still be the app of choice for you (at least until Google integrate Sparrow features into GMail). YMMV though

Last edited:
Associate
Looking forward to giving Mailbox a go - currently at 137,277 although that's an improvement over nearly a week ago when I was around 250,000 ... feel a bit sorry for the 641,000-odd currently behind me though :p

Soldato
OP
I gotta say... I really don't see the hype with the new "Mailbox" app. It almost looks too simple for my liking. I use my phone for personal and business emails, so I need a mail app that has a little more function.

Might give Sparrow a try... Is the GMail app any good?

Associate
Can't you just write your 'template' in the default Mail app signature?

You can now (iOS6.1) set different signatures for individual accounts.

Any email you compose from the work address with the template signature would add that template to the email. Then you can just edit it in the message.

Soldato
OP
Can't you just write your 'template' in the default Mail app signature?

You can now (iOS6.1) set different signatures for individual accounts.

Any email you compose from the work address with the template signature would add that template to the email. Then you can just edit it in the message.

The template I require would be multi-line - From the looks of it I can only set a one line signature - Or am I missing something?

fez

fez

Caporegime
im hoping mailboxapp will be good too.

im @ 154,098 in front and 626,038 behind.

I'm 729,538 to go and 57,510 behind. Whenever I get stuck in one of these huge queues, as soon as I get near the front they seem to open the floodgates and everyone gets in at the same time as me. Always late to the party.

To the guy worried about the reviews, as far as I can tell thats just the standard idiots rating it based on the fact they can't use it yet. The same idiots that rate an app poorly because it doesn't fly on their 3G.

Man of Honour
I use the official Gmail app (which I think is brilliant).

I am in the queue for 'Mailbox' though, it looks interesting.

NOAKaW6.png

Might be waiting a while... :o

Back
Top Bottom