Moving to Canada for 12 months - IEC Working Holiday Visa

Associate
Im in Toronto now, I'm currently in my 2nd year of my IEC visa and also applying for permanent residency!

If anyone needs help please let me know!

PS. Anyone who used Bunac... TOTAL waste of money

How did you find the move, and how do you find living and I presume working in Toronto?

Permabanned
For my first year I was living in Mississauga, which is the next city across from Toronto. Its cheaper there and its also very close to Toronto. You can just get on the Special GO Trains which run every 20/30mins directly into Toronto.

The Move for me was a lot easier as my girlfriend lives here, So i had everything on a plate for me when I arrived, didn't have to worry about a place to stay. However I have talked to loads of people who just stay in hostels for the first few weeks until they have a job and a place to rent. Theres lot of Great hostels which you can meet lots of people in who are in the same situation as you.

Job searching was not that bad, theres loads of Job agencies here so go to and apply for as many as possible and they will do most of the searching for you. I currently live in Toronto and commute to work in Mississauga everyday.

From just moving into Toronto its an amazing place, so many things to see and do!

Cost of food and living is the same as living in any City I think, Its very much like London.

Associate
My email address is in my Trust, probably the best way :)

Cheers, sent you a trust message.

Edit: @Jimz, thank you for the reply, what do you make of Toronto, as I'm thinking of heading that way, as I have family there and I think it would be easier for me to settle and get to know the area.

Soldato
I got my receipt yesterday which is very good indeed :D Just went to pay but it looks like the page with the payment info is down :( Will try again later tonight...

Soldato
The payment info is on the PDF they send you. :)

I totally missed the PDF :p

But I don't think it's working right for me... It's saying my javascript is disabled in the PDF - no information about payment :/

I've tried viewing it in Chrome, Safari and Preview (I'm on a Mac - Which might be the reason >_>') - I'll try and open it on Windows

Soldato
I totally missed the PDF :p

But I don't think it's working right for me... It's saying my javascript is disabled in the PDF - no information about payment :/

I've tried viewing it in Chrome, Safari and Preview (I'm on a Mac - Which might be the reason >_>') - I'll try and open it on Windows

Open it in Adobe Viewer, worked for me :) It contains your WTN number as well. If you're not sure which details to include in the screenshot for proof of payment, throw me an email on [email protected] and I'll show you mine, which has been verified :)

Associate
Regarding payment, I've sent them proof of my payment (a screendump of my natwest online banking statement for the account I transferred from)... Problem is, the page doesn't have all the details on it that are required for proof... I submitted, but now they're asking for further information to be sent through mymessages.

Anyone else bank with NatWest? What did you send them?

Soldato
Regarding payment, I've sent them proof of my payment (a screendump of my natwest online banking statement for the account I transferred from)... Problem is, the page doesn't have all the details on it that are required for proof... I submitted, but now they're asking for further information to be sent through mymessages.

Anyone else bank with NatWest? What did you send them?

You need to send them the confirmation page for the money transfer.

Soldato
For my first year I was living in Mississauga, which is the next city across from Toronto. Its cheaper there and its also very close to Toronto. You can just get on the Special GO Trains which run every 20/30mins directly into Toronto.

The Move for me was a lot easier as my girlfriend lives here, So i had everything on a plate for me when I arrived, didn't have to worry about a place to stay. However I have talked to loads of people who just stay in hostels for the first few weeks until they have a job and a place to rent. Theres lot of Great hostels which you can meet lots of people in who are in the same situation as you.

Job searching was not that bad, theres loads of Job agencies here so go to and apply for as many as possible and they will do most of the searching for you. I currently live in Toronto and commute to work in Mississauga everyday.

From just moving into Toronto its an amazing place, so many things to see and do!

Cost of food and living is the same as living in any City I think, Its very much like London.

Where is it you are working, any jobs going XD

Soldato
Open it in Adobe Viewer, worked for me :) It contains your WTN number as well. If you're not sure which details to include in the screenshot for proof of payment, throw me an email on [email protected] and I'll show you mine, which has been verified :)

Just tried it on my work computer and it's shown it up fine :) Good times :)

Printed out and I'll make the payment tonight :D How exciting :p

Back
Top Bottom