Wedding first dance.

Associate
Given a limited selection by the DJ on the night myself and the wife chose Celine Dion singing My Heart Will Go On from Titanic.....divorced a happy 10 years this May.

Associate
OP
We have a few in mind. Marry me acoustic version from train and a cover of Bruno mars just the way you are. We have had to move the wedding forward a lot due to her mother being very ill and proberly not going to make it to the original date so its a bit of a rush to get everything done.

Man of Honour
Back in 1980 me and the wife had chosen Stairway To Heaven and were called up to the floor. Both of us at he time really hated 70s disco music and somebody had talked the DJ into playing D.I.S.C.O. by the Goombay Dance Band but being the type of people we are we just laughed on got on with it and it's still one of the memorable parts of the wedding.
I never found out who switched it.

OP,
Surely you must have at least one special song between the pair of you?

Associate

But seriously, me and my partner are getting married soon(ish)... and we're probably going to have Peter Gabriel's cover of Book of Love. Mainly because, like many other couples in this thread, it means something to us. Which leads me into the next, obvious, point. There's got to be a song that means something to the both of you? And if not, then discuss it with her! You can't just pick one on the fly and hope it's right... definitely some discussion is required!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom