Memory/ motherboard fault

Associate
Posted here as it concerns memory but looking like (from my vast inexperience in these matters) the fault may lie with motherboard.

Have just built my new machine but have been getting random BSOD ever since. Having tried a few things out I have come to the memory. I ran Memtest86 and immediatley got errors (not storing data accuratly). I took the 2nd memory stick out and ran again and no issues. Replaced the 1st stick with the 2nd, no issues. Put both sticks back in but in the other pair of slots and getting errors again.

Memory seems therefore to be ok but computer is not handling having 2 chips/ slots are faulty.

System is

3570k (not OCed)
ASrock Extreme 6
2x4gb corsair vengeance LP 1600mhz
OCZ Vector 4 256gb SSD
Barracuda 7200rpm HDD
Gigabyte HD7950 windforce
Asus xonar DGX
XFX pro 850w
Coolermaster 412s

I have also checked temps with ASrock software and CPU-Z and there are no issues there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply. Computer would not POST after I made the changes suggested.

BSOD are BAD POOL HEADER faults. Once I log back into windows again the post-fault logs have been (from my browse history) 1a and 19. There were also a few 24 errors but they seem to have stopped after I did a CHKDSK.

Computer has also thrown another wobbler on 1 stick too now. Happened when I loaded a Youtube screen up. Again it was BAD POOL HEADER.

Forgot to include on first post I have most up to date BIOS drivers.

Associate
You say you have "I have most up to date BIOS drivers"

Is this that you have the latest motherboard drivers AND the latest bios?

The page is here
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77 Extreme6/?cat=Download

if you have the latest ,of both then I would cler the CMOS (use the instruction book for this) and then reset to defaults/optimised defaults and see

If you are still getting mem test errors

Don't mix and match with the testing/monitoring software only run one at once as if they poll the at the same time it can cause issues

Try memtest from CD/DVD at boot

Back
Top Bottom