Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Associate
Sent this to platinum games, it was for the longest timed tagged on their wiki page with a PC release only recently has this changed.

Sent this to their email, to show support.

Greetings,

Just a short email to say that I would really like to see Metal Gear Revengeance achieve a PC release at some point in the future.

Disclosure, I am an avid Metal Gear fan however have not played any of your (PG) previous titles.

I did at one point believe there would be a PC release, I am now unsure as to whether this information was in press / marketing materials or simply listed on the Wiki for the game.

Seeing that there is no official statement (that I could find) concerning a PC release.

I am not asking for any confirmation or reply, simply to say I support this and would be very happy if one day could see a PC release.

Best Wishes and Congratulations on positive review scores your new game is getting, I would dearly like to play it too.

Feel free to do the same.

Soldato
Seeing as this is from Platinum, I'm looking forward to it a whole load more than a full blown MGS title. If you like Bayonetta or DMC, this should be top of your list :)

Soldato
Mines nearly downloaded, ill let you guys know if its a shoddy console port. So if you can hold off for an hour ill let you know:)

Quick look in options, highest res support 1080p, that's a shame my monitor is 1440p.

Last edited:
Soldato
Preloaded days ago been playing since 6PM......

If you preload no option to install it goes on your Steam drive you have to manually move it afterwards :rolleyes:

Does not support higher than 1920x1080 hard coded as well no obvious way to go beyond that. Also only supports 16:9/4:3/5:4 Aspect Ratios no 16:10 or 21:9 support :(

Graphically it looks ok in places just a hack n slash like a very stylish Devil May Cry with typical crazy OTT Japanese violence/gore its for sure an 18 certificate game the casual violence is insane :eek:

Just counted 22GB of in game engine cut scene data leaving around 3GB for the actual game :eek: Few minutes gameplay then long cutscenes so far :rolleyes:
I only paid £13 for it on a pre-order sale deal on steam its worth that much but it feels like a cheaply made but very stylish DX9 console port :(

Soldato
Preloaded days ago been playing since 6PM......

If you preload no option to install it goes on your Steam drive you have to manually move it afterwards :rolleyes:

Does not support higher than 1920x1080 hard coded as well no obvious way to go beyond that. Also only supports 16:9/4:3/5:4 Aspect Ratios no 16:10 or 21:9 support :(

Graphically it looks ok in places just a hack n slash like a very stylish Devil May Cry with typical crazy OTT Japanese violence/gore its for sure an 18 certificate game the casual violence is insane :eek:

Just counted 22GB of in game engine cut scene data leaving around 3GB for the actual game :eek: Few minutes gameplay then long cutscenes so far :rolleyes:
I only paid £13 for it on a pre-order sale deal on steam its worth that much but it feels like a cheaply made but very stylish DX9 console port :(

Glad I didn't buy it on sale, I wait for it to become cheaper.

If its that bad then I play my PS3 version I got free on PSN Plus.

Associate

Durante has already managed to unlock the resolution but it messes up the UI. He seems to think Platinum will patch it so it doesn't look like he's going to put any serious work into it.

Soldato
The fact it doesn't support 16:10 is a much bigger issue. Still a decent game though, but the letterbox along with the god awful camera stop it being amazing. :(

REALLY enjoying the proper Metal Gear Solid style stealth segments, shame that you can't stealth kill those giant cow mechs though. :p

Back
Top Bottom