Moooooooon

Soldato
I like!

I took my 70-200 F4 out for similar the other week, looking at it now it seems rather poor in comparison.

Taken with my 550D and cropped like crazy!

5086718_orig.jpg

Soldato
Think I may have an attempt at a moon shot some night soon :)

Like what you guys have done. Always found the moon to be fascinating... how it has such major impact on life on earth...

It's made up of particles from a collision of a large object with the earth isn't it?

Soldato
I took this with a telescope, it's so hard to focus it correctly on a tiny screen though.

TNIg69E.jpg

A little blurred, but zero crop.

On the video I took of it you can also see a satellite passing in front of the moon.

Soldato
if i get a decent tripod/gimbal, i'd like to try and stack a 2x/1.4x with my 400 to get a shot

Yes! I saw an awesome video where a guy shot this big yellow moon rising over a hill in Australia that was 2km away with a 650mm and 2x extender, and because of the crazy compression there was this giant ass moon with these people walking about in front of it.

found it!

http://vimeo.com/58385453

Soldato
They were using 2x extenders so wouldn't have to crop as heavily as you. Yours is a tad overexposed in parts though.

Yes I've come on here with the ipad and I agree, I edited it on the pc and looked less over exposed on three, time to set the monitor up properly!

Was a spur of the moment shot in my case, I can't remember my settings for it but will try and remember where the 70-200 is at its sharpest for future shots!

Back
Top Bottom