Manchester Hotel/Restaurant spec me please

Associate
Evening peeps.

Well, it seems the eye in the sky has finally felt a bit of sympathy for me and I've gone and got myself a date. Been out of the dating game for some time and I want to impress.

I suggested we go to Manchester as it's within easy reach of both where I and she lives and she seemes happy with the idea.

So, I put it to you GD to advise me on a nice Hotel to stay in and somewhere nice to eat. I am into my Steak Houses and stuff but I am open to alternatives.

Hopefully this time in a Hotel I won't get the leg cramps from hell and end up being 60 quid down, but that's another story :D

Soldato
What is your budget for a hotel?

Lots of decent steak type restaurants:

Grill on the Alley, Gaucho, Australasia, Grill on New York Street

Some non steak restaurants:

Revolucion De Cuba, Southern Eleven, Croma, The Alchemist

Soldato
I usually stay at the Thistle when I am in Manc, but thats because we get a heavy subsidy through our agency booker - I would suggest the larger rooms - The standard ones are OK when you are just there for a nights sleep, but are you seriously booking a hotel for a first date?

What about the three date rule!?

Associate
I went to Manchester last weekend and stayed at the midland which was very nice and ate at opus one about 2 mins walk away. At Opus one i had the best food ... maybe I ever have had .. £25 a head too! :cool:

Soldato
Lowry is good. But very expensive and wasn't worth it for me. My personal favourite is Great John Street. Absolutely superb and the breakfast was top notch and from the Roof terrace you can see parts of Coronation Street, it also has a hot tub :)

http://www.eclectichotels.co.uk/great-john-street/

The radisson is alright but nothing special. I'm also a big fan of the Royal Albert Marriott.

Food wise, Southern 11 is a very good place to eat and its not too expensive. If you fancy Tapas then El Rincon is fantastic although you can't book a table.

Steak wise then i'd agree with Goucho. Absolutely Stunning food, Otherwise either Grill on the Alley or Grill on New York street (i've not been to this one though)

Back
Top Bottom