Carbon Copy Cloner question

Does anyone know what I can do with this back up process.

I have a folder in my pictures folder

From"
Pictures/Processed/

Can I use CCC to take that folder and mirror it on say my network drive

To"
Network/Processed/

But what concerns me is that If I empty that "From" folder does it mean that it'll wipe the back up folder too as it'll try to mirror the source?

Basically I want to do a daily back up from that folder where sometimes it'll be populated with images and sometimes It wont. But anything that is in that folder I want stored at the backed up location always.

Actually nevermind. I have found the application ChronoSync and its brilliant. Perfect for the job.

Last edited:
Soldato
For the sake of providing an answer, it can be set up both ways.

You can set it so that it will delete anything at the destination that isn't in the source (a proper clone), or you can have it add whatever is in the source to the destination (a never ending backup). There are even more options that I've not touched that will suit just about any situation.

For the sake of providing an answer, it can be set up both ways.

You can set it so that it will delete anything at the destination that isn't in the source (a proper clone), or you can have it add whatever is in the source to the destination (a never ending backup). There are even more options that I've not touched that will suit just about any situation.

Oh right ok thats cool. Thank you for confirming this.

Back
Top Bottom